Daily Express: Mancini to have contract extended

pauljv92 said:
Jumanji said:
Mat01706 said:
I don’t agree, he's been given ample in previous windows to cope. The problem he's got is he has little or no trust in half the players he's bought.
I think his comment regarding winning the game on Saturday if Aguero was fit is incredibly hollow when you have £100m of strikers either playing or sat on the bench. Would you continue to blindly throw money at it if you owned the club?
Which 100m worth of strikers?

Balotelli - Who shows his ability in glimpses
Dzeko - I don't even need to comment
Tevez - Unfit, off pace.

Previous windows? Teams parking the bus wasn't a problem for us in previous seasons. In fact, we were the ones that did our fair share of bus parking.

Mancini knows we need a winger. He wouldn't have looked at Hazard if that wasn't the case. He wouldn't have doggedly pursued Hazard. He wouldn't have said he bought Nasri because he can play on the wing or centrally (which we come to find out, he isn't great on the wing without a Fabregas to pick out his runs continuously).

I agree. Matt, cash spent does not necessarily equate to end product. Dzeko doesn't play very well when he doesn't have space and Balotelli has incredible potential but is still young and tends to be inconsistent. Our best striker fucked us over very early in the season and we have therefore been over-reliant on Aguero in his debut season with city.

Paul, I understand that the money spent doesn't guarantee you success. But Tevez apart these are Mancini's choices. I know he’s been unlucky with Tevez situation, but he chose spend the best part of £55m on Balotelli and Dzeko, therefore you can't have too much sympathy for him. How would you feel if you were the owner and you'd funded these purchases? I know that if it were my money I'd be asking serious questions about his judgement, or if that isn't in question, his ability to get the best out of these players.

I bet Dzeko was a board signing. Of course, I will never know whether that's true unless someone corrects me.

This story is meaningless , I believe. City people can brief nothing else off-the-record than this, for obvious reasons. We saw it with Duncan castles last week and now this.

I have been told Mancini himself still has no idea what will happen in the summer, and I believe that. What is certain is that if a new contract were ' nailed on' it would have happened over the last six months.

Everyones gossipping, again for obvious reasons, but the people who matter at city in Abu dhabi appear to be playing their card very close to their chest. As you'd expect.

I'd ignore this story, just as much as I'd ignore the Spanish one about mourinho saying yes. The truth will out ...

Didsbury Dave said:
What is certain is that if a new contract were ' nailed on' it would have happened over the last six months.
Certain.......................................................

Mat01706 said:
pauljv92 said:
Jumanji said:
Which 100m worth of strikers?

Balotelli - Who shows his ability in glimpses
Dzeko - I don't even need to comment
Tevez - Unfit, off pace.

Previous windows? Teams parking the bus wasn't a problem for us in previous seasons. In fact, we were the ones that did our fair share of bus parking.

Mancini knows we need a winger. He wouldn't have looked at Hazard if that wasn't the case. He wouldn't have doggedly pursued Hazard. He wouldn't have said he bought Nasri because he can play on the wing or centrally (which we come to find out, he isn't great on the wing without a Fabregas to pick out his runs continuously).

I agree. Matt, cash spent does not necessarily equate to end product. Dzeko doesn't play very well when he doesn't have space and Balotelli has incredible potential but is still young and tends to be inconsistent. Our best striker fucked us over very early in the season and we have therefore been over-reliant on Aguero in his debut season with city.

Paul, I understand that the money spent doesn't guarantee you success. But Tevez apart these are Mancini's choices. I know he’s been unlucky with Tevez situation, but he chose spend the best part of £55m on Balotelli and Dzeko, therefore you can't have too much sympathy for him. How would you feel if you were the owner and you'd funded these purchases? I know that if it were my money I'd be asking serious questions about his judgement, or if that isn't in question, his ability to get the best out of these players.

As a club that is a growing global brand, at the start you don't necessarily have the choice of what type of quality striker you can buy. No one would have imagined that Edin Dzeko, a bundesliga title winner, would have struggled with the physicality of the PL in his first year or be firing blanks without the strong aerial crosses he likes. He had a phenomenal record at Wolfsburg and you would have thought he'd be able to adapt.

Balotelli is a long term investment and I would say he is much more consistent than Dzeko and much more dangerous with his movement. He has improved from last year and at 21 can only keep improving. He just needs to get his head in the right place. When he is on fire, he is a joy to watch - thats how he was during United away this season if you can remember ( all this flicks and tricky passes, like that one that helped set up Aguero )

Jumanji said:
I bet Dzeko was a board signing. Of course, I will never know whether that's true unless someone corrects me.

Mancini's target Cavani, the board signed Dzeko!
Mancini's target De Rossi, the board signed Hargreaves!

Who signed AJ & Milner.....?

the board made a big cock-up

CityCTID said:
Jumanji said:

tbh, Mancini has targeted Cavani since his Palermo days.

AJ was a mancini signing though.

CityCTID said:

Sack the board! Mancini can then buy and sell who he wants.

Yes, and before any of you say it, you two faced b****** jrb.

Putting everything aside for one moment.

Can you imagine the global exposure and player pulling power with Mourinho in charge at City next season?

Not only that, but the negative press that has blighted City all season would stop in an instant. Not only do the press like and respect Mourinho, he is the only other Manager who can stand up to Sir on and off the pitch.

As for Mourinho's record as a Manager. We don't even need to go there.

If there is a choice and our owners are seriously thinking about it, I would like them to go for Mourinho this Summer if he becomes available.

Didsbury Dave said:
This story is meaningless , I believe. City people can brief nothing else off-the-record than this, for obvious reasons. We saw it with Duncan castles last week and now this.

I have been told Mancini himself still has no idea what will happen in the summer, and I believe that. What is certain is that if a new contract were ' nailed on' it would have happened over the last six months.

Everyones gossipping, again for obvious reasons, but the people who matter at city in Abu dhabi appear to be playing their card very close to their chest. As you'd expect.

I'd ignore this story, just as much as I'd ignore the Spanish one about mourinho saying yes. The truth will out ...

I posted elsewhere this weekend that I think the way we finish could still be crucial in deciding how things shape up in the summer. Even if we were to miss out, if we recover the form that we've lost since the Lisbon game in early March, finish the campaign convincingly and make United really work hard to claim the title, that gives us a positive frame of mind to carry over into next season.

In those circumstances, it will be easier for AD to look at the upside and hand Mancini a new deal than if we limp home in a distant second while United win the title at a canter. In that latter case, I think they'd have serious questions to ask about how Mancini intends to make sure we're better next time round.

The other thing is that there are really very few available coaches who are an obvious step up from Mancini. There's the one lots of people have been speaking about, of course, while if Guardiola decided to leave Barca then he has a fabulous record over the last four years (though he's a Barca man through and through - would he prosper in a very different environment?). And Hiddink was mentioned in today's Sun but he's contracted to Anzhi until June 2013 and is on EUR 10 million per year after tax.

But maybe none of them will be available. I'm sure lots will be said about this over the coming weeks, but ultimately Mansour will take this decision personally. I wouldn't trust anyone who claims to know how the Sheikh is currently thinking, and even then events over the next 6-8 weeks could change his mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.