Daily Horse Racing \ Tipping thread

Sole Power 16/1 is my bet. Sole Power only ran there last week with a cut in the ground and done ok came 2nd on not his prefered ground but still a good run. This horse if he gets the breaks in running then he is great value this weekend. If the ground dries up to his going then he will be the one to beat.

Tell you what, if anyone has a PS3 and fancies a horse racing game.

Cop a load of this Amazon Link

Its fooking epic.

I had the previous version and loved it. New one has online. Bluemoon online horse racing races!

Yes im sad, but who cares?

markbmcfc said:

Its fooking epic.

I had the previous version and loved it. New one has online. Bluemoon online horse racing races!

I was looking at this the other day, is it any good then? I haven't got that playstation move do you just use your pad??

I might go to game and pick it up later think it's £32.99 in there but i can't be arsed ordering from amazon and waiting for it to come

AntonDonJuan said:
markbmcfc said:

Its fooking epic.

I was looking at this the other day, is it any good then? I haven't got that playstation move do you just use your pad??

I might go to game and pick it up later think it's £32.99 in there but i can't be arsed ordering from amazon and waiting for it to come

Well I bought G1 Jockey 2008 for a laugh basically, but it became one of my favourite games. If you dont take it too seriously, its great fun. My career mode is about 18 years on that game and it never gets old.

You can use the new one with just the controller and none of this PS move nonsense, i draw the line at that.

Its by no means easy and every race is different depending on your horse and the opposition. If your a hold up horse and theres a front runner, even if he's a 100-1 shot, you have to time your move right if he shoots off in front otherwise he will hold on and you wont get there. Theres loads of tactics to it and its just great fun. If your expecting the best game of all time then it isnt that, but otherwise any racing fan will love it.

I have G1 jockey as well and that is good fun if you can ignore the japanesesque cartoon monologue.

Used to love gallop racer on the ps1 i got hold of an english version on a copy and that was the best racing game i have played.

So what is this one like then ? Worth getting if you have G1 or is it to similar in game play ?

bluealf said:
I have G1 jockey as well and that is good fun if you can ignore the japanesesque cartoon monologue.

Used to love gallop racer on the ps1 i got hold of an english version on a copy and that was the best racing game i have played.

So what is this one like then ? Worth getting if you have G1 or is it to similar in game play ?

The gameplay has improvements, it feels faster, more hussle and bustle and the jumping is much more improved, you have to angle your horse before, during and landing the jump.

I'll have a proper session on it this weekend but it looks good at first glance.

Leopardstown,so Dunboyne Express,they had it entered in the 5.10 as well as the group one
and chose yesterday to declare for the group one.......why?<br /><br />-- Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:49 am --<br /><br />think ive got the reason why.......prize money..

markbmcfc said:
bluealf said:

Does anyone know of a proper strategy based horse racing game where you're the trainer or owner? I'm not interested in 'action type' games where you're the jockey, I prefer the strategy type game, like a Championship Manager for racing?!

TVM

DruryBlue said:
markbmcfc said:
bluealf said:

Does anyone know of a proper strategy based horse racing game where you're the trainer or owner? I'm not interested in 'action type' games where you're the jockey, I prefer the strategy type game, like a Championship Manager for racing?!

TVM

Starters Orders 4. Got it myself and is definitely worth £20. You train your own horses that you can buy at the sales or breed your own. You can also ride the horse if you want but i tend to book a jockey. Has both flat and jumps schedules and you can create your own or download one that someone else has edited. If you want anymore info just pm me.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.startersorders.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.startersorders.com/</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.