Dangerous Dogs

Just wanted to add this because I found that expert on the breakfast show I was on about. His name was Stan Rawlinson. He is a dog behaviourist and expert witness under the 1991 Dangerous Dogs Act. He runs doglistener.co.uk. He was the one saying this breed is standing out from anything he's seen before and he actually studies the field.

AS a dog behaviourist of four decades, I have worked with every breed known to man and have never refused to work with an animal.
one of my specialities is in all types of canine aggression.
Long story short, is that they are extremely predatory(there's a story about a pair of them killing 22 sheep in Wales and having to be shot) and extremely over-reactive, more so than the examples you see over in America. The smaller gene pool of the UK, is probably a factor in this.

I had misremembered(or he just said something different on TV) the example he gave, that struck me when I heard it. I said it was a dog handler but it was another well-respected behaviourist. However, what I didn't pick up on, was there have been 3 experts with years of experience that have been killed by this breed, in just the last two years.
Three of the victims were professional dog handlers, including Adam Watts, a well-respected behaviourist who was trying to retrain a Bully responsible for two previous street attacks when it turned on him.
No matter how good someone thinks they are with dogs, it likely wont be scratch on the experience/education these people had.

Full article: https://www.the-sun.com/news/9063246/ban-xl-bullys-dangerous-dog-expert-advice/

Last edited:
Rottweilers are from the same group of dogs as XL bullies.

Molossers. Dogs originally bred for war.
When i was in Belize in ‘87 the military police worked with locals and there were a number of “war dogs”.. They were beaten regularly from being pups by a local person and they grew to hate the indegenous people as they associated them with a beating.. they were let loose in sensitive compounds at night to prevent theft.. It’s safe to say that anybody brave enough to try and get into the compound at night really didn’t want to meet one of the dogs face to face..

Cruel but very effective

Owners dogs do the crime then they do the time. If you don’t have control of your dog and it attacks someone then you get charged with ABH and have a criminal record and serve time when it’s severe. I’m amazed at the number of dog owners who have zero control or recall of their dog and just use the “oh sorry she wouldn’t hurt anyone” excuse.

My dog is a retriever. She is the softest dog and as placid as they come. Would I let a child stroke her head? No way. She has sharp teeth. She walks on the lead.

There is a German Shepherd near us who is aggressive to other dogs and yet the owners always walk her off lead. It’s madness. I avoid her at all times as she is an accident waiting to happen. Bought during Covid, zero training and owners who haven’t got a clue.

Owners dogs do the crime then they do the time. If you don’t have control of your dog and it attacks someone then you get charged with ABH and have a criminal record and serve time when it’s severe. I’m amazed at the number of dog owners who have zero control or recall of their dog and just use the “oh sorry she wouldn’t hurt anyone” excuse.

My dog is a retriever. She is the softest dog and as placid as they come. Would I let a child stroke her head? No way. She has sharp teeth. She walks on the lead.

We have a German Shepherd near us who is aggressive to other dogs and yet the owners always walk her off lead. It’s madness. I avoid her at all times as she is an accident waiting to happen. Bought during Covid, zero training and owners who haven’t got a clue.

You sound like a good Dog owner, sadly many aren't.

You sound like a good Dog owner, sadly many aren't.
They aren’t. It’s they who should be punished. Saying that The justice system in this country is an absolute joke. Every week in my local paper, I read of people getting off with suspended sentences for quite serious crimes because “poor little fella had a hard upbringing and his precious 17 offences were just down to this” it really boils my piss.

Anyone with a remote scrap of decency would now muzzle their dog in public. Especially if it's big and nasty.
Of course no one thinks their little Fido is going to be the next killer.
When I got my retired greyhound at first I walked him with his muzzle on, but people avoided us like the plague, and I always hated that it might remind him of his racing days, which despite what anyone says is fucking horrible for the dogs. Eventually I took his muzzle off, and people were much friendlier towards him, and he seemed happier. Little dogs were always snapping and barking at him, but he never ever responded. Lovely dog, miss him loads.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.