Dangerous Dogs

I have been trying not to post on here because it brings it all back but I have recent experience of a dangerous dog,
To cut a very long story short about 3 years ago my neighbours got a dog off a company that imports stray dogs from Romania (I dont know the breed but its a large & very strong dog) & about 2 months ago it forced its way though the boundry fence & attacked & badly injured our small collie dog Titch in her own garden, I took Titch to the vets & she had to be put to sleep because of massive internal injuries, The vet said to me it was like she had been hit by a car,
Anyway my neighbours are late 60s early 70s very well to do posh types (he went to sandhurst & was a major in the army) & they really didnt like the fact they had a visit from the police & I posted messages on the local neighbourhood website telling people the facts of what had happened so they have now got expensive solicitors involved & issued me with a "Letter before action cease and desist letter" yep I got a cease & desist letter but not off city!
Basically I am having to deal with a whole heap of shit at the moment from upper class Cretins who lie to cover their arses & who have a lot of money + we have lost our much loved & wonderfull little dog,
so I guess my point is its not always Lads called Wayne with Tatoos on their forehead who are the problem,
I just dont think Cretins should have dogs they cant control but how you ever enforce that I have no idea.
(sorry to rant on but life is a bit tricky at the moment, I just hope the twats dont read this or I might get another letter!)

I have been trying not to post on here because it brings it all back but I have recent experience of a dangerous dog,
To cut a very long story short about 3 years ago my neighbours got a dog off a company that imports stray dogs from Romania (I dont know the breed but its a large & very strong dog) & about 2 months ago it forced its way though the boundry fence & attacked & badly injured our small collie dog Titch in her own garden, I took Titch to the vets & she had to be put to sleep because of massive internal injuries, The vet said to me it was like she had been hit by a car,
Anyway my neighbours are late 60s early 70s very well to do posh types (he went to sandhurst & was a major in the army) & they really didnt like the fact they had a visit from the police & I posted messages on the local neighbourhood website telling people the facts of what had happened so they have now got expensive solicitors involved & issued me with a "Letter before action cease and desist letter" yep I got a cease & desist letter but not off city!
Basically I am having to deal with a whole heap of shit at the moment from upper class Cretins who lie to cover their arses & who have a lot of money + we have lost our much loved & wonderfull little dog,
so I guess my point is its not always Lads called Wayne with Tatoos on their forehead who are the problem,
I just dont think Cretins should have dogs they cant control but how you ever enforce that I have no idea.
(sorry to rant on but life is a bit tricky at the moment, I just hope the twats dont read this or I might get another letter!)

Go see a solicitor and discuss what happened with your dog and take your vet bills. You can also ask for the notes. You can sue this couple for the damage that the dog caused and the money you spent.

You can also sue for the boundary fence if it's your property. If you've had that fixed keep the receipts.

Ignore the cease and desist it is just a hollow threat, but avoid making any public statements.

A no win no fee firm may take this on as the couple have a bit of cash.

Go see a solicitor and discuss what happened with your dog and take your vet bills. You can also ask for the notes. You can sue this couple for the damage that the dog caused and the money you spent.

You can also sue for the boundary fence if it's your property. If you've had that fixed keep the receipts.

Ignore the cease and desist it is just a hollow threat, but avoid making any public statements.

A no win no fee firm may take this on as the couple have a bit of cash.
Thanks for your reply, They paid the vets bill but the dog is fostered so I have my suspicions the company that supplied the dog paid the bill,
I cant afford to see a solicitor we are really struggling to pay the normal everyday bills as it is so I cant go down that road,
They have finally After 7 weeks put up a new fence on their land,
I will reply to them but just say its in the hands of the police, which it is & no more,
Genuine question, would you class posting on this forum as a Public Statement?
I have thought about no win no fee but we really just want to see what the Police decide (dont worry I am not expecting anything much) & try & move on with our lives which we were trying to do when we got the Cease & Desist letter / threat.
cheers.

You should have done a Tony Martin on the dog and it's owner.

Thanks for your reply, They paid the vets bill but the dog is fostered so I have my suspicions the company that supplied the dog paid the bill,
I cant afford to see a solicitor we are really struggling to pay the normal everyday bills as it is so I cant go down that road,
They have finally After 7 weeks put up a new fence on their land,
I will reply to them but just say its in the hands of the police, which it is & no more,
Genuine question, would you class posting on this forum as a Public Statement?

I would yes. Comments are taken down on hereif anything is deemed libellous. But they wouldn't be identifiable and if it's truthful it's fair comment.

I have thought about no win no fee but we really just want to see what the Police decide (dont worry I am not expecting anything much) & try & move on with our lives which we were trying to do when we got the Cease & Desist letter / threat.
cheers.

Might be difficult to make a claim for anything more that the vets bills have been paid. Check the link below though.

Very sorry to hear this

It's not just neglected dogs though that attack people, like the case in Sydney last year, when 2 very well-cared-for and loved rottweilers attacked a little girl who lived next door, the neighbour had brought them round to a birthday party in the backyard and they suddenly turned on the little girl and killed her in front of everyone, these were not neglected or ill treated dogs.They were very well loved by both families and no one has figured out why they suddenly turned into killers.
They really haven't figured it out? Most dog breeds, were originally bred to kill something, and it's in most animals (certainly dogs) to attack if cornered, or threatened, it's not rocket science!!
The 'fur baby' generation have got "it's not the dog, it's the owners" mentality....and whilst bad owners/neglect increase the chances of a dog attacking.....there natural instinct is always going to be there.

They really haven't figured it out? Most dog breeds, were originally bred to kill something, and it's in most animals (certainly dogs) to attack if cornered, or threatened, it's not rocket science!!
The 'fur baby' generation have got "it's not the dog, it's the owners" mentality....and whilst bad owners/neglect increase the chances of a dog attacking.....there natural instinct is always going to be there.
I'm sorry mate I have no idea what you're on about. They were asleep at a backyard BBQ, they were amongst people they know well and they were loved by most of them. Well cared for dogs. Nobody was threatening them or cornering them or trying to teach then rocket science :) They just woke up and decided to kill a baby.

It illustrates that dogs are dangerous and can turn on humans at the drop of a hat, the purpose of my post was to say that it's not just dogs owned by bad owners that attack people.
I have a small furry dog so I'm part of the "fur baby generation" as you put it, I would never even consider owning a dog that was capable of killing me or anyone else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.