Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alves at Barca was the absolute master of the run behind the defence, for the little diagonal pass, to get behind the parked bus which Pep has recently been pushing City to play. And then doing something useful from that position, rather than wasting it.

Anyone playing in the squad can learn it from him.

This. Incredibly intelligent footballer and a massively important part of Barca's success. Always viewed him as the most important cog in the Pep era at Barca

Still an exceptional right back, would be a great signing for One or Two seasons. Knows the Manager, the demands, and tactics, won't be a big fee, what's not to like!

Looks like this could well happen. Think he'll be a really good signing personally. Big mates with Sanchez too ;)

Perhaps it won't appear so strange if the signing came once the other full backs were signed?

Pep....

"They are waiting for your mistake to punish you. They can play and have a lot quality but they defend so compact and wait to punish you behind your full-back, and we don't have full-backs to go up and down, up and down, because all of them are 33, 34 years old, so I adapt with the quality of players.

"Last games we played with Jesus and we attack a lot with the full-back, but Pablo, Sagna, Kolarov and Clichy - all of them they are more than 33 years old and they don't have the legs to go up and down. That's why I prefer they play in other positions."

I guess I just don't like short term stopgaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.