Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main reason we have not moved on to be the successful team we should have been .is the ability to buy players who are in some cases not an improvement on what we have sold
Well the 4 full backs we are after will be a vast improvement on last seasons, Ederson will be a vast improvement on the keeper Bravo turned out to be. Bernardo will be an improvement when Silva or KDB needs breaks and Sanchez instead of Navas, Nolito, goes without saying.

Maicon was a heavy set individual more in the Micah mold whereas Alves is a whippet. He is one of those very rare naturally fit sportsman. Hardly carries an ounce of spare flesh.

If he does join he will be one of the fittest members of the squad.

Maicon was a heavy set individual more in the Micah mold whereas Alves is a whippet. He is one of those very rare naturally fit sportsman. Hardly carries an ounce of spare flesh.

If he does join he will be one of the fittest members of the squad.
Agree with this. Kim Collins competed in 100m Olympics at 41. At other end of scale: Rooney and Yaya. But even players like Cafu, and Ronaldo are slowing up.

Alves also has a lot more to his game than just speed. When Zab lost his legs that was it. Alves has more to his game

It's not about the a-b-c-d order they're done, it's about not getting them done because they're a few million too much when I fucking read Chelsea's name in a 60m bid for Alex Sandro and that he might be handing in a transfer request.

Are you fucking going to say that he wasn't a priority target when even Marti Perarnau says Pep wanted him since last year?

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2017/05/02...s-about-manchester-citys-plans-going-forward/

Then Sam Lee said Mendy is a priority target. Where's Mendy? He's not even as outrageously expensive as the other one, 40m is nothing in today's market. Cheaper than what they ask for Walker.

You buy a fullback or other player, you buy 'em best, so you don't have to look for upgrades every other year while searching for a place to loan your player because his wages are too high and no one wants to buy them. Haven't we been through this already? You buy the best now so you don't look back for the next 5 years.

Only when they played Barcelona. What about Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid? They had a full team against them. I'm just curious, why such blind worship when we say we need better, younger, faster fullbacks and players?

Do you think, in your critical thinking mind, that we are against the club? I'm not the only one you're arguing here, you're like fighting everyone who's saying the same.

So...more headless panicking at the speed of transfers, and then some more alternative facts about the CL games. The Atletico Madrid games where Boateng, Robben and Ribery were not fit for the leg they lost, for example, and then when 2 of those came back in the second leg...they won.

Like I said, if you're going to throw a hissy fit because a £5m transfer looks closer to being sorted than a £40m transfer, you need to take a break for a few weeks.

...And by the way, from what i've seen in this thread, no one thinks the same as you. You are the only one having a paddy about Alves coming in before Walker or Mendy, or flapping about the idea one of them might go somewhere else because we're talking to Alves. Everyone else is smart enough to know that being linked to Alves doesn't mean every other deal is off.

Who has more left in their legs:

Ronaldo at 32
Rooney at 31

It entirely depends on the individual.

we will see, i'm not doubting his ability and to be fair he does look in better condition than zabba, i suppose its the longevity of such a deal and would walker and mendy et al want to play second fiddle?

Risk v reward is the way to look at this, IMO.

Potential upside: One or two seasons of top class football out of him on the cheap.

Potential downside We waste £5m + wages.

The downside is hardly a drop in the ocean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.