Dani Olmo

It think it boils down to a few things, Will De Bruyne play as much next season? He looked really sharp in the Euros one game in particular he was incredible, Im sure we will see alot of KDB next season but I also think we will see him rested alot more than we usually do, He's 33 now and prone to injuries so his minutes are going to be managed.

Then there's talk of Alvarez leaving, He played more minutes than any other City player last season so he will need replacing if he does leave, Again it's a big if.

Could Olmo play in a wide right position like we play Bernardo? Me personally have looked at Bernie for years at City and so many times have thought this lad needs a rest, Last season against Chelsea in the Semi Final of the cup I genuinely thought this lad is going to collapse.

Olmo to me looks like the type of player who can play in behind Haaland, Play a False 9 if Haaland is missing, Wide left, Wide right. He looks really comfortable in numerous positions of what I've seen with him with Spain and Leipzig.

The thing is there's so many games these days the squad gets minutes, We do have quite a small squad and that's what Pep likes so they all get to play there part, We don't have many guaranteed starters as it changes so much along with players positions changing so much which would be the case with Olmo too, He would play in a position depending on what opposition we play.
All true but you're missing Foden,who also fits that Olmo description , plus Savio for wide right, wouldn't surprise me to see Bernardo tried as an 8,with Kovacic rotating. Foden KDB as 10s, doubt Alvarez goes anywhere so he's another body to fit in.

All true but you're missing Foden,who also fits that Olmo description , plus Savio for wide right, wouldn't surprise me to see Bernardo tried as an 8,with Kovacic rotating. Foden KDB as 10s, doubt Alvarez goes anywhere so he's another body to fit in.
I think we would all love Phil Foden to play centrally week in week out but we all know that's not going to happen, Foden scored a hat-trick against Aston Villa last season and was then rested the following game, He also scored two against the Rags at home and the following week played as a right wing back against the Dippers at Anfield, For all we know Pep could play Olmo alongside Rodri :)

It will be interesting to see if Savio will be heavily involved next season, I haven't seen much of him with Girona last season from what I'm reading it's he'll be with us for the upcoming season.

Good shout Bernie as the 8 along side Rodri rotating with Kovacic that could well happen. What we do have is plenty of options and players that can play in numerous positions which is where Olmo could well fit in although it does rely heavily on outgoings imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.