Dani Olmo

We absolutely need someone so pay it.

Shows the state of the piss poor planning this year though that he signed a new deal earlier this summer, so we’d have snapped him up for about £40m before that

We absolutely need someone so pay it.

Shows the state of the piss poor planning this year though that he signed a new deal earlier this summer, so we’d have snapped him up for about £40m before that
so city knew a player was telling his family to lump on bookings

Yeah I probably would have. You spend the big money on players because you’re trying to minimise the risk of it not working out.

Has Gundogan proved to be an exception to the rule? Sure, but I’d never advocate signing injury prone players because a player with a bad injury turned it around. He’s an exception to the rule.

For every Gundogan there’s plenty of Reece James’ and Mendy’s.

If not Olmo, do you have any other suggestions?

Wirtz isn't an option as he's literally just come back from a bad injury and I can't see him moving so soon after coming back.

Yeah I probably would have. You spend the big money on players because you’re trying to minimise the risk of it not working out.

Has Gundogan proved to be an exception to the rule? Sure, but I’d never advocate signing injury prone players because a player with a bad injury turned it around. He’s an exception to the rule.

For every Gundogan there’s plenty of Reece James’ and Mendy’s.
I suspect that we have a fairly thorough method of assessing injuries and risk of recurrence that goes beyond looking at a players past stats but looks at precisely what the injury was and how long it took to recover etc.

Gvardiol's bestie, can we get it done by tea time? ..if they make an ebay auction with a "buy it now" it might speed it up

I bet you are one of those who very against for Gundo move to City back then when he have a career ending injury and the prospect of him coming back is looking bleak.

Yet Gundo is able to have long career with us and become a club legends, what if the same thing can happen to these player too?
Gundogan didn't have recurring muscle injuries though. He had a knee dislocation and ligament injury. He was also slightly below market value because of his injury situation.

If we buy an injury prone player, his price should reflect this. We are potentially paying top dollar for an injury prone player, no wonder they will consider selling...

If not Olmo, do you have any other suggestions?

Wirtz isn't an option as he's literally just come back from a bad injury and I can't see him moving so soon after coming back.
My choice would be Barella, a lot of my other picks have already moved earlier in the window. Then either Doku, Goncalves or Barcola on the wing.

Gundogan didn't have recurring muscle injuries though. He had a knee dislocation and ligament injury. He was also slightly below market value because of his injury situation.

If we buy an injury prone player, his price should reflect this. We are potentially paying top dollar for an injury prone player, no wonder they will consider selling...
Haaland was injury prone before he got here.
Phillips wasn’t really.

We have the best medical team in football. For the amount of football we play, our players get surprisingly few muscular injuries.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.