Dani Olmo

Gundogan didn't have recurring muscle injuries though. He had a knee dislocation and ligament injury. He was also slightly below market value because of his injury situation.

If we buy an injury prone player, his price should reflect this. We are potentially paying top dollar for an injury prone player, no wonder they will consider selling...
Haaland and Grealish were both 'injury prone' when we signed them.

Reactions: NMB
Haaland was injury prone before he got here.
Phillips wasn’t really.

We have the best medical team in football. For the amount of football we play, our players get surprisingly few muscular injuries.
Haaland’s completely changed his playing style. He used to bomb into open space at 100mph. Now he’s much more efficient with his movement. Completely different.

Haaland’s completely changed his playing style. He used to bomb into open space at 100mph. Now he’s much more efficient with his movement. Completely different.
Do you think it was Haaland who has adapted his game, or has he been shown a better way to play that limits his risk of being injured?

If so, do you think we could do the same with any player with a history of recurring injuries?

I don't get why some people seem so against signing him. He makes a lot of sense, if you forget that Leipzig would want a big fee and don't need to sell anymore.

Plus, he's got IPTV, despite earning millions. I rate that. Seems like the kind of thing Bernardo would do.
hahah how do you know about iptv? i will
miss henrichs youtube content, that was a fun video, especially gvardiol and szoboszlai trying caviar for the first time.

i forgot to mention, he scored against city in zagreb. and there’s a thing about pep signing players who do that, or?

A587BE8F-8EFA-4989-823E-8A37D53C11F0.jpeg

Do you think it was Haaland who has adapted his game, or has he been shown a better way to play that limits his risk of being injured?

If so, do you think we could do the same with any player with a history of recurring injuries?
No, he’s adapted his game and the fewer injuries are a consequence of that.

We could reduce their injuries, sure, but some players are just injury prone and there’s nothing you can do about it.

Haaland and Grealish were both 'injury prone' when we signed them.
Grealish didn't have recurring muscle injuries like hamstring, he's had mainly shin and calf issues.

Haaland has had to be carefully protected against overplaying, he missed 5 games last season season we will have to watch for injuries going forward. We didn't overpay for Haaland, he was a bargain.

I am not saying don't buy him, just don't expect to have a fully fit player all season, and don't pay top dollar because a player's injury history should be reflected in his price.

No, he’s adapted his game and the fewer injuries are a consequence of that.

We could reduce their injuries, sure, but some players are just injury prone and there’s nothing you can do about it.
Sure, there is some element of genetics that make some players more susceptible to injuries than others, but physiotherapy, diet, sleep etc all help reduce that risk.

That’s before training players not to do things that can cause injury, eg Haaland.

Sure, there is some element of genetics that make some players more susceptible to injuries than others, but physiotherapy, diet, sleep etc all help reduce that risk.

That’s before training players not to do things that can cause injury, eg Haaland.
Agreed but Leipzig are hardly some cowboy outfit. We might have a better medical/sport science/nutrition/monitoring team, but not to the level where we can ‘fix’ him. Best to look elsewhere.

Grealish didn't have recurring muscle injuries like hamstring, he's had mainly shin and calf issues.

Haaland has had to be carefully protected against overplaying, he missed 5 games last season season we will have to watch for injuries going forward. We didn't overpay for Haaland, he was a bargain.

I am not saying don't buy him, just don't expect to have a fully fit player all season, and don't pay top dollar because a player's injury history should be reflected in his price.
There’s genuinely not a better club on the planet to deal with injuries or “injury prone” players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.