Dani Olmo

If we had sorted Bruno G and Savio and that was that i would have been delighted mate and then react to any other transfers as we went along? We have a reluctance to blow another £100m though on a player even though even have already done it?
That £100m hasn't been a huge success, however to be fair the £90m+ blown on Philips and Nunes is almost criminal. Mind boggling stuff that.

That £100m hasn't been a huge success, however to be fair the £90m+ blown on Philips and Nunes is almost criminal. Mind boggling stuff that.
Gotta agree but we don't get many wrong ,14m Alverez ,62m Rodri massive bargains.
You only have to look 3 miles west to Trafford falls for real evidence of transfer disasters.

Ok. So I went back and read lots of the thread, it seems 1 gut thought he was trash, Sempus Aggressors. One guy didn't see the value of getting another slow winger when we needed a fast one. Said poster preferred Doku to Olmo ( I agree by the way). Then a few (2 from my count) said they weren't impressed the once or few times they saw him but trust the club. That's a run of the mill whatever the club doe opinion.

Everyone else, was complaining about his injury record. Generally the thread was full of people who thought he was mint ( especially after watch his Italy game) and his Bayern game.

So, as a general rule the majority, Sempus excluded, worried primarily about his injury record.

That said, those who love him are by a large margin the majority.

i am sure it more that just those, and not just in this thread but i’m not gonna go and search for posts now, we’ll have to agree to disagree.

not to mention other places where there were many who mentioned injuries but also many who just said he’s shit without even watching him play.

like i said previously, i get the injuries concern. he is not a shit player though, objectively, and i’ve been watching him play for a long time.

oh and reducing him to just a winger is crazy but what else to expect from experts who don’t even watch the player actually play ;)

anyway, i don’t think this transfer will happen, but i’ll be VERY happy if i wake up on a saturday and see txiki smiling next to olmo in sky blue. :D

Looks a talent but unless anybody goes particularly with allegedly Savio coming in we've too many options now.KDB ,Foden,Bernie,Grealish, Doku,Alcarez,Haaland ,Kovacic, Nunes, fighting for 5 slots that's before you give minutes to Rico,Oscar and Savio.
Of course any departures changes the picture but we are desperate for a good enough Rodders assistant who's prepared to play circa 20 games a season.
There will be several departures in the coming weeks, as soon as the Euros is over the transfer market will kick into life.

Think i'll reserve judgement on him until i see him play for us for a few months. What little i have seen of him he seems decent. i'm a little surprised to see him mentioned in the same breath as Gundogan and De Bruyne though. Those guys are on another level.

I'm definitely in the "I trust the club" camp, they get it right more often than not.

Agree strange comparison but 31 premier league games last season and 14 goals and 8 assists in last 2 seasons and City looking at extending his contract doesn't really scream promising career going backwards
He should have listened to the club who did not want him to go back to Sheffield but go to Leicester.

His career has stalled badly, he should be now forcing his way into our side, for me at this stage he is a million miles away from that.

Last edited:
His close control is David Silva like despite him looking quite gangly. Pep could work his magic with this player.

One thing I would say as a general point is you can’t rate any player if you have only seen him in the latest tournament and you could waste a lot of money doing so…not that clubs do that anymore!

His close control is David Silva like despite him looking quite gangly. Pep could work his magic with this player.

One thing I would say as a general point is you can’t rate any player if you have only seen him in the latest tournament and you could waste a lot of money doing so…not that clubs do that anymore!

As a kid I remember Phil
Babb having a great World Cup.

I’m in the undecided camp on this one. Clearly a very talented player but If we had a chance of the two I would be spending the money on Neco Williams personally.

Of course if KDB or Bernardo decided to
move on prioritise might change but I really enjoyed the blueprint this Spain side have shown of how to play and Neco Williams has such a high ceiling, looks unstoppable at times.

As a kid I remember Phil
Babb having a great World Cup.

I’m in the undecided camp on this one. Clearly a very talented player but If we had a chance of the two I would be spending the money on Neco Williams personally.

Of course if KDB or Bernardo decided to
move on prioritise might change but I really enjoyed the blueprint this Spain side have shown of how to play and Neco Williams has such a high ceiling, looks unstoppable at times.
Great player but do we need him? If only we had got Rice instead of Phillips.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.