Daniel Agger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Agger Bid

Joehannes said:
Matty said:
Murph said:
It's a slight concern, but he's averaged about 30 games a season including cups over the last 4 years and we wouldn't really need him to play much more than that, with us already having Vinny and Lescott.

Looking at Agger, when compared to Komapny, and also his own defensive partner Skrtel, doesn't look good:-

Skrtel
2011-12 36
2010-11 49
2009-10 29
2008-09 30
2007-08 20
Total - 164 in all competitions

Kompany
2011-12 40
2010-11 53
2009-10 32
2008-09 45
2007-08 38
Total - 208 in all competitions

Agger
2011-12 33
2010-11 21
2009-10 36
2008-09 26
2007-08 6
Total - 122 in all competitions

That's a lot less games played than both of them for Agger and, in fact, apart from 2009-10 he's played less games, some times substantially less, every season. I don't think his brittle body should be underestimated here.
Fair point but what about Carragher? These are his league stats:
2007–08 35
2008–09 38
2009–10 37
2010–11 28
2011–12 21
Carragher playing had an influence on who played between Skrtel and Agger as well, just can't remember which usually sat out?

From dippers I know combined with your general browse of RAWK, it's accepted that you can get away with playing Carragher with Agger, but not with Skrtel. Whenever he came in if Agger was injured it was generally seen to be a calamity waiting to happen. Draw any parallels with a certain centre back dilemma at a club we know?

oakiecokie said:
taconinja said:
hgblue said:
Swap Clichy for Kolarov and Tevez for RVP and we've got a deal.
I don't think Clichy crosses well enough. Better defender though.

For me one of the passes of the season Wolves away.Hell of a ball for Sergio to score our first goal.
I didn't say he can't cross at all. He gets some right but not consistently enough.

taconinja said:
oakiecokie said:
taconinja said:

For me one of the passes of the season Wolves away.Hell of a ball for Sergio to score our first goal.
I didn't say he can't cross at all. He gets some right but not consistently enough.
Kolarovs hardly consistent, most of his shots/crosses go in to the crowd.

greasedupdeafguy said:
taconinja said:
oakiecokie said:
Not talking about shots. His crosses are better than Clichy's. It's not really a contentious point, and I never said Clichy should go to the substitutes. He's simply not consistently good crossing the ball.

taconinja said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
taconinja said:
Not talking about shots. His crosses are better than Clichy's. It's not really a contentious point, and I never said Clichy should go to the substitutes. He's simply not consistently good crossing the ball.
I was talking about crosses as well as shots, he might be a bit more consistent but I would take amazing defending over the odd decent cross.

greasedupdeafguy said:
taconinja said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
I was talking about crosses as well as shots, he might be a bit more consistent but I would take amazing defending over the odd decent cross.
Okay and? Mind telling me when I said we should take Clichy out? I commented that playing Clichy as a wingback wouldn't be highly productive. Didn't even say we should play wingbacks. I'm acknowledging the manager seems to like that formation. That's about it.

Some people do seem to look for slights.

taconinja said:
oakiecokie said:
taconinja said:

Yes I know mate,but IMO I honestly thought that was a superb pass,but yes has to be more consistent with those sort of crosses.

personal opinion here but crossing aside, i think Clichy's speed would be crucial as a wingback for a 3-5-2, him and richards means we wouldn't be that vunerable when caught on a counter attack and that would be why he would be more valuable than kolarov even in that formation.

oakiecokie said:
taconinja said:
oakiecokie said:

Yes I know mate,but IMO I honestly thought that was a superb pass,but yes has to be more consistent with those sort of crosses.
True, it was a gorgeous ball in.<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:19 am --<br /><br />
blue soon? said:
personal opinion here but crossing aside, i think Clichy's speed would be crucial as a wingback for a 3-5-2, him and richards means we wouldn't be that vunerable when caught on a counter attack and that would be why he would be more valuable than kolarov even in that formation.
There's no point in lining up that way if your wingbacks aren't meant to be heavy contributors to the attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.