David Silva (continued)

Re: David Silva...

David Silva against United.

Silva aside, just watch the passing and movement from the other players and the team in general.

Flashes of the Barcelona 3 second rule throughout the video.

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/gtZyNxJ.jpg[/bigimg]

http://vimeo.com/90204712

proudbear said:
Even the rags are singing his praises.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/david-silva.339670/page-15

One of the most gifted footballers ive ever witnessed.

Couldn't help myself but look on there, and surprisingly I found something interesting that I'd not really considered before. Someone was defending Silva's record on assists maybe not being as high as you would expect.

He said Silva is more of a guy that "assists the assist." Now it sounds like bollocks, but I actually think there's some merit in what he was trying to say.

You assume the player with the highest assists must be the most creative player. But when you look at the stats, James Milner's assists per game is not far behind Silva's. But I'm sure even the most ardent Milner fan wouldn't put him in the same league as Silva in terms of creativity.

It got me thinking about assists in general. When you analyse it, it's not very often that a player will win the ball, skin 5 players, then lay it across for his mate to tap in. Usually, especially at City, there is a move of 5 or 6 passes leading up to us scoring a goal. A lot of the time the final pass (the assist) is not necessarily the most important one in the passage of play leading up to a goal.

It is the (as Scholes and Neville put it on Tuesday) the "risky" pass which is the important one. The one that opens a team up, puts them on the back foot, creates panic in the opposition, exploits the space in a defence. Silva is without question the best player in the league at playing that pass. Possibly the best in Europe.

Shaelumstash said:
proudbear said:
Even the rags are singing his praises.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/david-silva.339670/page-15

One of the most gifted footballers ive ever witnessed.

Couldn't help myself but look on there, and surprisingly I found something interesting that I'd not really considered before. Someone was defending Silva's record on assists maybe not being as high as you would expect.

He said Silva is more of a guy that "assists the assist." Now it sounds like bollocks, but I actually think there's some merit in what he was trying to say.

You assume the player with the highest assists must be the most creative player. But when you look at the stats, James Milner's assists per game is not far behind Silva's. But I'm sure even the most ardent Milner fan wouldn't put him in the same league as Silva in terms of creativity.

It got me thinking about assists in general. When you analyse it, it's not very often that a player will win the ball, skin 5 players, then lay it across for his mate to tap in. Usually, especially at City, there is a move of 5 or 6 passes leading up to us scoring a goal. A lot of the time the final pass (the assist) is not necessarily the most important one in the passage of play leading up to a goal.

It is the (as Scholes and Neville put it on Tuesday) the "risky" pass which is the important one. The one that opens a team up, puts them on the back foot, creates panic in the opposition, exploits the space in a defence. Silva is without question the best player in the league at playing that pass. Possibly the best in Europe.
Absolutely this....

john blue said:
One of the best players EVER to wear a city shirt.
Fantastic player. They say that GOLD is very valuable and I keep saying that ......................................
SILVA is GOLD.

PS. Mirror saying he might be out for Arsenal game.

Imagine if he'd played in the derby at home, we'd have been looking at double figures.

The rags are lucky that both times we've faced them this season it's been without either Silva or Aguero.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.