David Silva

Try as I might, I cannot think of a single player who would likely be available to move to us within the next two years who could replace David Silva. For the few who could but would be very unlikely to move, the contract value would need to be in excess of what Silva seems to be asking for anyway. After the latest TV rights deal, players salary levels will continue upwards rapidly over the next two years. All of the extra TV money will be spaffed on players. It always is. Look at the reported contract RVP has been given.

Silva's agent would be nuts to advise him to take anything less than £200k. We would be nuts to let him go over a demand at that level. Contract will be signed, I'm sure.

Players' salary levels don't go down. Always up. TV money will accelerate that trend 'til it is effectively spaffed away.

What a load of clueless bollocks ,Nasri could easily do Silva's job . It's Yaya who can not be replaced in our team .

-- Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:24 am --

What a load of clueless bollocks ,Nasri could easily do Silva's job . It's Yaya who can not be replaced in our team .<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:26 am --<br /><br />
Didsbury Dave said:
'don't talk shit' does not an intelligent argument make, pal.
Talking shit is not intelligent either pal and I can't believe you all believe this constant bullshit in the press every day . Not fit to lace his boots,what the fuck

We all need to relax, the rag media are speculating as Silva hasn't signed his new contract yet, well it's no surprise really as it does take time to negotiate with world class players.

Didsbury Dave said:

what's the story Dave? As far as I'm aware, Ogden has penned a piece in the Telegrpah which has no substance whatsoever other than to note, Silva and his representatives will be sitting down discussing a new contract.

TonyM said:
When I hear "give him what he wants" I think of the poor Sheik. He can't afford to continuously throw money out just because. The club has to start playing hard ball with agents and players.

Put it this way.... If we want Messi in the future or some other ground braking signing we need to have been sensible for years beforehand. Waste year after year on excessive wages and well eventually barely sign a decent player.

Just IMO of course.

if money is that much of an issue don't sign a Rodwell or Sinclair or hargreaves or whatever and use the cash for silva. He's the difference between success and failure. If we want to start being prudent this is not the player to do it on.

Having said all that I hope this is just negotiation between two parties who want to do a deal. Nowt wrong with either party trying to get the best deal.

But don't fuck it up city ,

gio's side step said:
Didsbury Dave said:

what's the story Dave? As far as I'm aware, Ogden has penned a piece in the Telegrpah which has no substance whatsoever other than to note, Silva and his representatives will be sitting down discussing a new contract.
just seems to be bog standard negotiation, gio. Hopefully there's nothing to worry about here. I haven't heard any different.

Offload Adebayor and Santa Cruz and you will have more than enough to give him what he wants.

I really don't think DS contract situation is a problem. He's not a whinger like some players going to the papers when they don't get what they want.

All it needs is careful negotiations and I'm sure it will be sorted.

Don't care how good or world class he is in my book no player is irreplaceable..

I can see our club stop paying silly wages now we will offer what we seem fit if they don't sign we tell the agent to find a club willing to pay more, look at de Jong we offered 100k a week he turned it down so looks like he's of!

waspish said:
Don't care how good or world class he is in my book no player is irreplaceable..

I can see our club stop paying silly wages now we will offer what we seem fit if they don't sign we tell the agent to find a club willing to pay more, look at de Jong we offered 100k a week he turned it down so looks like he's of!

this ! tbf city is one of very few clubs offering a very good salaries the club is not a milk cow !

and I am sure all these players will not get the same pay anywhere !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.