David Silva

I imagine City's problem isn't so much the extra money for Silva himself, but more the fact that if they give-in to him, then there will be half-a-dozen others knocking on the door tomorrow expecting payrises too. Every other player's agents will be watching what City do with interest. And unfortunately, with "Fair-play" now in action, the club can't afford that scenario.

The ideal would be to give Silva the money but ask him to keep quiet about it !
Or link any increase to success, how we do in the Champions League, image rights, etc.

Give him the contract!

If we sell him who could we get to replace him?

Iniesta? Xavi? Ozil? Mata? None of them we are going to realistically be able to get and Xavi and Iniesta are the only 2 who would be an improvement.

Not happy about this - what did Vinny get a week when his contract was recently negotiated? I would not go a penny over this. Vincent is our captain and our leader, he has made Mancester his home, he has made City his club, he says the right things, he does the right things, he is an ambassador for our club. TBH I am getting titsed off with players who are more in it for the money, players who strop off down the tunnel when subbed after having a bit of a mare. Players like Vincent, Nigel, Joe, Zabba, Micah do it for me - they have the right attitude, they give it everything, they say and do the right things and they are proper club men - IF (and I mean IF) David's heart is not in it for anything less than 200k a week, then I know what my answer would be - I want people who really want it for Manchester City as much as they want it for themselves, and if that means we lose 1 or 2 top calibre players on the way then I can cope - CITY comes first

IF and its a big IF, there is any truth in this whatsoever (and i dont believe there is) then i feel the same as with any player. none of them are bigger than the club and its disgusting to hold a club to ransom.

as with any player i dont want them here if they are taking the piss cos they want even more money.

Uwe's 80s mullet said:
IF and its a big IF, there is any truth in this whatsoever (and i dont believe there is) then i feel the same as with any player. none of them are bigger than the club and its disgusting to hold a club to ransom.

as with any player i dont want them here if they are taking the piss cos they want even more money.

Well the story was printed in the daily mail so it must be true.

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Uwe's 80s mullet said:

Well the story was printed in the daily mail stop it must be true.
Like i said, i dont believe its the sort of thing silva would do.

Uwe's 80s mullet said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Uwe's 80s mullet said:

Well the story was printed in the daily mail stop it must be true.
Like i said, i dont believe its the sort of thing silva would do.
Silva probably not, his agent probably so!

Still I'm with you on the bollocks story theory!

Whilst I'm not of the belief that Silva is putting his foot down and playing hard ball, unless we can think of a player who's better and willing to play for less then we simply give him the money he's asking for.

There's hardly a queue of better players waiting to play for less.

Besides, surely once we've got rid of 2 or 3 players we'll have freed up sufficient funds to still pay the big guns the big money whilst still making a saving.

As a club, we've been bent over and made to look like bitches on numerous deals (RSC springs to mind), I can understand the club wanting to improve the public perception of the club and it's money but we'd be better served playing hardball with transfer fees as opposed to the wages of our best players.

I'm amazed that everyone on here knows how much our players earn. I know people in the club who certainly don't know, so how do you all have an insight into the players salaries?
Please tell me how.
PS If you take what the papers say then you're stupid!

At the end of the day, fans or indeed the media are not kept in the loop regarding players individual discussions with the club - and why should we be? Everyone will know when there is something to be told.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.