David Silva

Granted, the figure I used in my OP, 30mi, was too low for us to ever consider. I was just thinking that's what Real paid for Modric last summer and used it as a guideline. Obviously Silva is a more high-profile player than Modric, is Spanish and even more coveted by the Madrid clan than Modric ever was, which ought to add up to let's say potential 40-45mil offer. - Too high, too low? I don't know.

And what we're discussing here, is NOT that we should sell David, No one wants that I'm sure. We all love him and we all think he's a fantastic footballer who's obviously not gotten back to kind of magical form he was in a year ago.
BUT, we are discussing a potentiality: that David himself tells our board, that should an offer for him be on the table from Madrid, he would want to go.

Would we then be able to move on, stay just as competitive or even stronger?

--------------------------------------

On another note, and not specific to this particular thread:

I love this forum, and think highly of most posters on here. But it's a pity me thinks, that as soon as anyone raises an uncomfortable hypothesis, being critical (even if it's constructive), - he or she is far to often ridiculed, called an idiot (or likewise) or sometimes even a rag.

It's a forum for kindred spirits who share a passion together, where an exchange of opinions and ideas constitutes it's very nature.
Hypothetical, new, or conflicting views and ideas are not bad things, those are not signs of disloyalty or necessarily a sign of a low IQ.
We should be able to have a discussion about pretty much anything without retorting to the obnoxious behaviour of a ten year old kid with language problems.

There are obvious posters who support another club and come on here just to have a laugh, and those are often quite easily discovered and shipped out.

Matt the Giant said:
Granted, the figure I used in my OP, 30mi, was too low for us to ever consider. I was just thinking that's what Real paid for Modric last summer and used it as a guideline. Obviously Silva is a more high-profile player than Modric, is Spanish and even more coveted by the Madrid clan than Modric ever was, which ought to add up to let's say potential 40-45mil offer. - Too high, too low? I don't know.

And what we're discussing here, is NOT that we should sell David, No one wants that I'm sure. We all love him and we all think he's a fantastic footballer who's obviously not gotten back to kind of magical form he was in a year ago.
BUT, we are discussing a potentiality: that David himself tells our board, that should an offer for him be on the table from Madrid, he would want to go.

Would we then be able to move on, stay just as competitive or even stronger?

--------------------------------------

On another note, and not specific to this particular thread:

I love this forum, and think highly of most posters on here. But it's a pity me thinks, that as soon as anyone raises an uncomfortable hypothesis, being critical (even if it's constructive), - he or she is far to often ridiculed, called an idiot (or likewise) or sometimes even a rag.

It's a forum for kindred spirits who share a passion together, where an exchange of opinions and ideas constitutes it's very nature.
Hypothetical, new, or conflicting views and ideas are not bad things, those are not signs of disloyalty or necessarily a sign of a low IQ.
We should be able to have a discussion about pretty much anything without retorting to the obnoxious behaviour of a ten year old kid with language problems.

There are obvious posters who support another club and come on here just to have a laugh, and those are often quite easily discovered and shipped out.

To be honest, it is likely that RM would come for Silva this time as there is a strong rumour that Mou will leave this summer. The Board wanted him, but Mou said "No", so once he is gone, RM would prepare to pay 40m for him, I reckon. Looking at Silva is much more realistic scenario than the likes of "tabloid favourite" Bale.

Fair comment Matt.

I think everyone has the jitters at the moment. What with the usual claptrap from the media, the performances of the team, and the imminent loss of the title.

The prospect therefore of a rational debate about even the possibility of selling off part of the Crown Jewels (Silva) is likely to generate some hysteria.

There is so much debate about at the moment about who might go and who might come in, that it is bound to generate touchiness. Of course this 'debate' is largely generated by the trash press and is designed to sell newspapers. What I find despairing is that it's all about City, and not a peep about the rags.

Real Madrid will definitely come for Silva this summer in my opinion. considering ours will be a position of weakness in comparison to last year.

Not saying Silva isnt happy here, but there's no way a spanish player wont be tempted by one of the spanish giants. I hope we can keep him, or at least take 45 million and go and buy neymar with it.

K-Bo said:
Real Madrid will definitely come for Silva this summer in my opinion. considering ours will be a position of weakness in comparison to last year.

Not saying Silva isnt happy here, but there's no way a spanish player wont be tempted by one of the spanish giants. I hope we can keep him, or at least take 45 million and go and buy neymar with it.

Why Neymar? He is a winger, not a #10, cannot replace Silva.
If Silva goes, we definitely need a decent playmaker of Silva's ilk.

cordonbleu said:
K-Bo said:

Why Neymar? He is a winger, not a #10, cannot replace Silva.
If Silva goes, we definitely need a decent playmaker of Silva's ilk.

Correct.
Neymar would be someone to complement Silva, not replace him.

I have more fear on losing Aguero at the moment, I'm confident on Silva staying after all the hard work done on his contract last summer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.