David Silva

sh249 said:
de niro said:
Matt.D said:
Totally disagree. You could get all the playmakers in the world, but as good and important as he is to us Aguero is never going to be a clinical goalscorer. In terms of the attack we need a winger with pace & end product and a striker who scores more than he misses.

mark my words the day aguero leaves our club we'll be in a poorer place.

awesome player.

Agree - one of the top handful of strikers in the world.

As for Silva, simple - irreplaceable.

Silva is replaceable but it would be pointless doing so

BoyBlue_1985 said:
sh249 said:
de niro said:
mark my words the day aguero leaves our club we'll be in a poorer place.

awesome player.

Agree - one of the top handful of strikers in the world.

As for Silva, simple - irreplaceable.

Silva is replaceable but it would be pointless doing so

Who could replace silva? I'm intrigued.

Silva is our best playmaker (only Nasri as competition so it isn't hard) but he isn't irreplaceable, he's only performed to a fraction of his abilities this season (a few have I know). Goetze, Reus, Modric, Ozil could come in and do just as good a job imo, I'd rather have one of those others playing alongside Silva tho!

As a playmaker, only Ozil, Fabregas or Iniesta could match the job Silva does imo. Gotze maybe in a couple of years but currently no. Reus? Very good player but playmaker? Not a chance.

Joehannes said:
As a playmaker, only Ozil, Fabregas or Iniesta could match the job Silva does imo. Gotze maybe in a couple of years but currently no. Reus? Very good player but playmaker? Not a chance.

What job are you referring to? The one he did last season against Spurs or United away or the inconsistent one he has performed this season? I love Silva but he isn't in the top 3 or 4 playmakers in Europe this season he probably just scrapes in the top 10 if he's lucky!! I'm being unbiased I know people on here will think I'm a traitor with comments like this but unfortunately it's the truth!

As of February 21st, Silva had created 76 chances this season, over 20 more than anyone else in the team and probably among the top 3 in the league. It isn't his fault others don't take the chances. He's had a good season, not a great one but he's still our most gifted player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.