David Silva

Course I can pick and choose. Somebody who has given his all and provided more magical moments than most in the last 5 years will get more respect from me than somebody who's been here three years and not been great for close to two of them.

The other side of that coin is someone disagreeing, thinking the manager has done a great job and Merlin's form of late is a concern.

The post George took exception too was perfectly reasonable and respectful.

That's RAWKish mate I'm afraid and we dont work like that on here.
Respect isn't the trademark of RAWK, sentimental and delusory entitlement is more their speciality. Silva has won the right to be spared the usual BM fickle throwaway criticisms, he was in prime form before that Luxembourg animal's attentions. Since then his recovery has been slow but he's showing gradual improvement, the last thing we need is comparisons with Beckham.

The other side of that coin is someone disagreeing, thinking the manager has done a great job and Merlin's form of late is a concern.

What about the side of the coin that agrees that Silvas form has been concerning but thinks using the word 'great' to describe the manager is a bit of a stretch? Haha!
This will trundle on until the end of the season no doubt so I'll pop back in when he's played his next game - don't think I can add anything that's not already been said.

What about the side of the coin that agrees that Silvas form has been concerning but thinks using the word 'great' to describe the manager is a bit of a stretch? Haha!
This will trundle on until the end of the season no doubt so I'll pop back in when he's played his next game - don't think I can add anything that's not already been said.

We are going round in circles here mate.

I will leave it there ;-)

Silva has been troubled with his ankle for a long time. At the beginning of the season after a quiet summer not playing he came back with no pain & played for the first 5 games possibly his best football since he arrived at the club. He was man of the match nearly every match.
He then got a recurrence of his injury which affected his performances & due to other players being injured he's played on through the season with pain instead of being rested.
I think some on here need to get off his back!
I'm sure if he moved on & played for another Premier League Club you'd be gutted.

I would keep Silva but pick and choose when to play him, I don't think he will be a guaranteed starter under Pep but will be used as his skill set dictate.

Less game time through limited appearances may also give his ankle the chance to recover, it still amazes me how little protection he is given by referees.

He is without doubt the best player I have seen in a blue shirt and I hope to see him with us for a long time yet, however we can not rely on him hitting his previous highs and I am sure Pep will have his own views on Silvas role in his set up.

Silva has been troubled with his ankle for a long time. At the beginning of the season after a quiet summer not playing he came back with no pain & played for the first 5 games possibly his best football since he arrived at the club. He was man of the match nearly every match.
He then got a recurrence of his injury which affected his performances & due to other players being injured he's played on through the season with pain instead of being rested.
I think some on here need to get off his back!
I'm sure if he moved on & played for another Premier League Club you'd be gutted.
Scaring Europe To Death would regard that as a shrewd move, worthy of Baconface.

Scaring Europe To Death would regard that as a shrewd move, worthy of Baconface.

Now now George.
Don't be like that.

So that’s at least three of you, taking my “Shipped Out” phrase out of context.

For the record, I agree that Silva has been one of our greatest ever players, and I’m not “turning” on him, just because of one bad season.

I just want City to reach that level where we’re perennial Champions League contenders, and not drifting out of Premier League contention in January. I don’t expect us to win a trophy every season, but equally, the days of transitional periods are a distant memory

Football history is littered with star players who stayed one season too many, so to reach that level, we can’t afford to drift, which is precisely what we’re doing with Silva.

One way or another, I expect Guardiola to assess the issue, and deal with it.

Otherwise, we’ll be having the same debate this time next year.

TO be fair I think all bets are off concerning what will happen to most of the team. Pep will have us playing in a completely different way to Manuel and we'll see a lot (most I'd say) improving, some changing positions (Navas to right back anyone?) and one or two not doing so well.

Dave will do better. He'll have much more movement around him and more options to pass to. He'll get more of the ball facing the opponents net so he'll be able to move it on quicker and will get less of the snidey kicks to his ankle. I'm really looking forward to seeing what he'll be able to do next season.

No it wasn't, to use his own terminology, it wasn't Negredoesque or DaveWatsonesque - it was grotesque. He should stick to regaling us all with his erudite views on how appalling Mangala is or how wonderful Van Gaal is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.