David Villa to NYCFC

kippaxwarrior said:
Does New York have a large Spanish community like it does with Irish and Italian? If so this is a real coup and could really boost crowds
I think NY has quite a multicultural community and yes quite a big Spanish community. But probably not as large as states on the west coast where there are many Hispanics.

Hope we do loan him!!!

Would be over the moon if we signed him on a free transfer ourselves, so the chance of having him on loan until next MLS season (March 2015??) would be amazing.

bluecityste said:
Hope we do loan him!!!

Would be over the moon if we signed him on a free transfer ourselves, so the chance of having him on loan until next MLS season (March 2015??) would be amazing.

I agree. It's a bit bitter-sweet at the moment: a great signing for our NYC sibling, but I would have absolutely loved to see him play for us.

i really cannot see him doing nothing for 6 months and if i am honest i don't see him going to melbourne simply because of the fact why would he train with a team in an inferior league? if city signed a player but couldn't play him for 6 months you wouldn't want him training with a championship side would you?

if udinese can loan players to watford and have the same owner then i am sure we can loan villa, udinese and watford are under uefa territory whilst nycfc is under concacaf territory so surely that would help our case?

even if he is just training with us it will keep his game at the highest level possible going into his new york career.

Super David Silva 21 said:
Claudio Reyna has said David Villa will not be loaned out to Manchester City, but will play somewhere.

as long as it is in a top league in europe, going to melbourne will not be good for his game at all in my opinion.

Claudio Reyna has said David Villa will not be loaned out to Manchester City, but will play somewhere.

And why would we? Villa's legs are too shot to play a wide role now and Atletico knew that so used him as a backup striker... an area we're already overloaded in. I'd be offering him to Everton, they are good at taking points off top teams.

Could you point to the statement? I am having a discussion on the NYCFC forum and I think it would be helpful to us all to have the exact source.

SebastianBlue said:

Could you point to the statement? I am having a discussion on the NYCFC forum and I think it would be helpful to us all to have the exact source.
Think he's just done an interview or press conference, lots of Journalists quoting him on twitter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.