De Bruyne?

His personal terms and agreement of the player will have been all sewn up before the official bid went in thats where the work has been being done

Is there no such rule on tapping up players anymore?. It's seems like every transfer that happens now, buying clubs are talking to players without bids being accepted / getting permission of the selling club. Has the rule been abolished?

Speaking to his advisor/agent isn't technically "tapping up" the player. Transfer dealings are a dirty world mate and all sorts go on. We haven't broke any rules as we haven't spoken directly to the player, we have just let him be known what is on offer via his agent. We will get a sense of willing from the agent and then place the bid. That's the reason why I am confident that we are at the end game now and its just a case of Wolfburg trying to save face.

I don't see how anyone can disagree with the view that the planning and delivery of our player acquisition strategy has been inept this summer.

Who's responsible? Personnel?

I do question how Gary Cooke was able to recruit players like Silva and Toure yet these so called Barcelona football gurus can't do the same even though were in a much stronger and more attractive position now

It's well known since the end of the season our main targets were Sterling, Delph, KdB, Pogba and Patrick Roberts.

We're on course to land all but one of them, who happens to be a star in the making and therefore will cost a fortune.

How is that inept?

I don't see how anyone can disagree with the view that the planning and delivery of our player acquisition strategy has been inept this summer.

We broke our transfer record about 3 weeks ago for the best young homegrown player in the world.

I do question how Gary Cooke was able to recruit players like Silva and Toure yet these so called Barcelona football gurus can't do the same even though were in a much stronger and more attractive position now

Because we can't hand out £250,000 a week contracts like they're toffee any more and pay agents upwards of £10m a deal.

We might end this summer signing 2 of our top 3 targets, a homegrown replacement for Lampard and England international for a ridiculously low price, integrating 3 youth players into the first team squad and according to the geniuses on here that is inept.

Who's responsible? Personnel?

Every deal is unique. I don't think there is a medal due to anyone who brought in players in the past. We don't know the circumstances.

That said I'd have liked us to be getting more up and coming players in since the Barca duo arrived. Before the players are hyped and expensive. Maybe Zuculini is one of these - and Iheanacho.

And more importantly I'd have preferred to not have signed proven dross like Cabellero, Fernando, Sagna, Sinclair and Garcia,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.