De Bruyne?

bluechampion7891 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
All day, every day, and twice on a Sunday.

Precisely the right profile and attainability...

Chuck in a Schneiderlin and a Koke and that's the midfield sorted.

And all for the cost of a Pogba and some change.
yes bit there wont be any pace or power in the midfield (not that i am saying these won't be good players)

Yaya is a one-off, a freak of nature.

The sooner Blues reconcile that we have been very fortunate, and won't be able to bully the midfield like we have done in recent times, the easier it will be to accept how we must evolve.

Madrid rely on Modric and Kroos, wonderful players, but fast and physical, they ain't.

People might think I have lost the plot, but we should be bringing in Alex Song as an additional enforcer.

Txiki wants his arse kicking that his Barca contacts weren't alive to this one.

Could have saved us £12m on Fernando and had a proper look at Song.

tolmie are you suggesting that we are going for all 3 of bruyne koke and derlin?????? i really hope so a md of koke derlin yaya and fernandinho will be something to behold tbh

tolmie's hairdoo said:
bluechampion7891 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

yes bit there wont be any pace or power in the midfield (not that i am saying these won't be good players)

The sooner Blues reconcile that we have been very fortunate, and won't be able to bully the midfield like we have done in recent times, the easier it will be to accept how we must evolve.

Madrid rely on Modric and Kroos, wonderful players, but fast and physical, they ain't.

People might think I have lost the plot, but we should be bringing in Alex Song as an additional enforcer.

Yaya is a one off undoubtedly.

that doesnt mean there arent players who could be close to him. Pogba is one, Barkley is another (although I woudnt touch barkley atm) whose physical and technical attributes are similar although tactically/mentally there are far behind

having both this physical and technical ability is a bonus that gives a great edge and I would not mind us paying extra for it

also, Koke (60 mil eur), Schniderlin (at least 40m euro as I cant see him leave for less than 30M pounds) and De Bryune (45-50m euros) will cost significantly more than Pogba (who I see going close to 100M). that change could get us a top quality wide player

I agree about Song, would have done so mmuch better than Nando and HG too!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
bluechampion7891 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I've said the same thing regarding song a few times, we should be looking to get a deal done early for him now. We could then even try and use silva and Koke just ahead of him in a midfield 3 with Reus, Aguero and De Bruyne ahead of them.

bluechampion7891 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
bluechampion7891 said:

Yaya is a one off undoubtedly.

that doesnt mean there arent players who could be close to him. Pogba is one, Barkley is another (although I woudnt touch barkley atm) whose physical and technical attributes are similar although tactically/mentally there are far behind

having both this physical and technical ability is a bonus that gives a great edge and I would not mind us paying extra for it

also, Koke (60 mil eur), Schniderlin (at least 40m euro as I cant see him leave for less than 30M pounds) and De Bryune (45-50m euros) will cost significantly more than Pogba (who I see going close to 100M). that change could get us a top quality wide player

I agree about Song, would have done so mmuch better than Nando and HG too!

I'm pretty shore balague has said Koke has a buyout clause of €48mill which would be between £35-40mill dependant on the exchange rate at the time, De Bruyne £28mill, scniederlin will be around the £25-30mill mark but I don't think we will go after him anyway. I think a deal could be done for £10mill for song, €19mill for Reus, €35mill for Lacazette and €15mill for Kerzawa.

I've always rated De Bruyne, and looking back I would guess Mourinho may regret selling him (albeit for £20m).

He can play pretty much anywhere in the midfield. Central in a 2, spearheading a 3, either side - just an extremely talented player who adds precious versatility.

I agree with Tolm on Song - I've said this on here since his Arsenal days that he would be a great signing for you, even moreso now as he'd probably cost between £10-15m which is more than achievable.

Song & De Bruyne would be cracking summer signings for you, but IMO the priority will remain a world class winger (or 2 if you're being greedy).

tolmie's hairdoo said:
bluechampion7891 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I agree yayas a one off in power terms, however, like others, it's his ability to dictate play that is ignored... This isn't down to physcal attributes, it's his ability to orchestrate from the back which we will miss most. As suggested there are players who can replicate this, what can't be touched is his winning mentality, that more than anything needs replacing, should he go!!!

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
bluechampion7891 said:

I agree yayas a one off in power terms, however, like others, it's his ability to dictate play that is ignored... This isn't down to physcal attributes, it's his ability to orchestrate from the back which we will miss most. As suggested there are players who can replicate this, what can't be touched is his winning mentality, that more than anything needs replacing, should he go!!!

While I agree to an extent, I genuinely do think we would be a better 'team' without Yaya. Take away set pieces and most goals are scored within 4 passes of winning possession back. Our problem is that we don't win possession back quickly enough in midfield, especially against the top European sides, partly because Yaya is lazy and/or too unfit to play that style consistently. That not only limits the goals we score but also means your defenders are left isolated way too often, resulting in Kompany, Zabaleta etc. looking like fucking idiots lunging in, usually because they have no choice if there's no midfield to protect them.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
bluechampion7891 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Mentioned Alex Song last year as he's HG, would have been ideal

Schneiderlin is a no brainer aswel as he's HG too

If we want Koke has to be this summer really while Barca have their transfer ban.

Not keen on De Brunye unless it's as well as a Sterling/Reus we need thay pace in wide areas more than anything this summer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.