De Bruyne?

his original Quote : Pep über die entschiedenen Personalien Götze, de Bruyne und Müller: "Ich wusste das vor zwei bis drei Wochen: Mario bleibt, Thomas bleibt und Kevin bleibt in Wolfsburg"

But how the hell he knows that?

Agents have agendas, I'm not convinced anything they say can ever be trusted. This has been a game of chicken between Wolfsburg and De Bruyne for weeks, each waiting for the other to blink, stating De Bruyne won't be handing in a transfer request is just the latest move. Someone, at some point, is going to flinch.

The agents want their players to move as much as possible if it's going to make them money. As long as they don't end up losing a client they'll whore their players out continually. It's clear that we've at least agreed with the player the wages etc and I'm sure the agent is licking his lips at that. It's even better for them if they can leave the club with a nice loyalty bonus for not handing in a transfer request. Win win situation. They can sit back and say to City - if you really want Kevin - pay Wolfsburg the amount they want and then we're yours.

If Kevin would be happy to stay there then it makes the process of negotiating with Wolfsburg even happier. They know they've got a player who won't force through a move so they can play hardball. I still think we've agreed the fee but will haggle over the method of payment/add-ons etc as we did with Sterling. That took a long time too.

The reason this has been longer is the PSG link and Kevin's desire to be close to Belgium for personal reasons. Now that's died down we're in prime position and I'm sure it will be done... (probably next week, whenever that arrives).

To be fair, it's only £50m because we are being held over a barrel. And they bought de Bruyne for £7m, hardly played him and sold him for £18m. That's not bad business is it.

And anyone who can get £50m for David Luiz deserves respect.

I think it's terrible business to be fair. A case study in how not to maximise a player's value.

his original Quote : Pep über die entschiedenen Personalien Götze, de Bruyne und Müller: "Ich wusste das vor zwei bis drei Wochen: Mario bleibt, Thomas bleibt und Kevin bleibt in Wolfsburg"

Well aren't the Bayern and Wolfsburg board very closely tied due to Volkswagon?

So he knew after city initiated talks with wolfsburg around the time of the emirates cup. Maybe it has legs?

Bah, its a merry go round.

DW would have reported it as Guardiola says De Bruyne staying at Wolfsburg, rather than not going to Bayern, if that was the implication.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.