De Bruyne?

Reading some of the posts on here is saddening to say the least.

Some people need to take a step back and think where we were a few years ago, and realise how far we have come in a short space of time.

To even be at the negotiation table for players like Pogba & KDB for £millions is a fantastic demonstration to what our owners have achieved, and to criticise them is just bewildering.

Lets just enjoy the ride.
Bingo

But now expect to be called a likkle citeh fan

Some people need to take a step back and think where we were a few years ago, and realise how far we have come in a short space of time.

To even be at the negotiation table for players like Pogba & KDB for £millions is a fantastic demonstration to what our owners have achieved, and to criticise them is just bewildering.

Well said!

We'll the guardian journalists are all stinking rag sympathisers so it doesn't surprise me they'd run something like that.

They quote the agent directly, so unless you are saying they made it up it doesn't matter who you think they sympathise with. What matters is the significance. Which may be nothing but what it suggests to me is that it is now completely in the hands of his club.

Do they want the money more than the player? Are we prepared to bid whatever it takes? I dunno. I want DB at the club, think he'll be great and we certainly need that kind of player. I just hope we have a Plan B.

Moreover, we are still not one of the elite clubs whom Pogba or KDB may have dreamt of signing one day. We still have a lot to do, especially in Europe to achieve that level.

I've been supporting City since the late sixties and this is a bloody Golden Age that I never thought I'd see. I remember being excited when we signed Wyn Davies, who was a good signing but nothing like who we can aspire to now. I suffered through all the shambolic decades until now. The current regime has more professionalism in their big toe than Swales, Lee and Thaksin rolled into one.

As do our managers.

I'm in Pinch Myself mode when I look at where we are now and what great players we have in our team. Although no one can replace Francis Lee and Colin Bell in my City heart. Childhood heroes are always the best.

Surely if we have indeed made an offer, and they were adamant they're not selling. They'd have refused by now no?

Agreed. Which is why IMO he is for sale. Having read the agents quotes he says no transfer request handed in and that in Germany it isn't the in thing to do. Maybe it is more a gentleman's agreement and if KDB said he wouldn't sign a contract and didn't see himself committed to the cause, I suspect that would be enough for negotiations.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.