De Bruyne?

Getting rid of people's post counts was a bad idea IMO. Don't really know where else to put it as I can't find a thread on the subject. Just this morning, I started trying to catch up on this thread as I don't recognise half the usernames in here (which I guess is understandable), but quite frankly, it's impossible to know which opinions to take seriously and which ones to 'keep an eye on' to see how their posts develop.

I guess it's really easy to say "well just take everyone at face value" but quite frankly that'd involve me labelling half the posters on here cunts as a starting point and then moving forward from there.

On De Bruyne, patience is a virtue. We'll get him.

Post count discussion can go here

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/the-no-post-count-thread.314946/

Not at all. The point is I'm going to be less inclined to reply to posts now as I don't know who I'm replying to. Especially when we're talking about serious/divisive issues to do with City.

For example, if there's someone with 10 posts who is saying "De Bruyne is shit, he's a Chelsea reject, Txiki a **** for trying to sign him", I'd ignore that person. If someone with 10,000 posts posted that, I'd probably have a conversation with them to try and find out why. As things currently stand I'm just going to ignore the posts. Which will mean in the end I'll be posting even less than I currently do.

if it means that much to you or whoever wants to have a post count, just stick it on your location and update it on a post be post basis ;)

you can garner information on a poster from their join date anyway.

So much arrogance
Not arrogant but I will be as disparaging as I like when clowns are treating a major transfer like this like a dance at the school disco.

The fact that people seem to think City have come this far without the player's indication he wants to come is laughable. Pathetic in fact.

This is simple financial brinksmanship and I admire City's approach. The days of us being financially naive are long gone. We aren't some new kid on the block who the players are doing a favour to. We are a top table club.

Parts of this thread are breathtaking stupid.

I'm glad that they have been removed.
Some people spend a lot of time on here and they seem to think they have a higher opinion or authority over others because of their large post counts.
Some of these also post more drivel and nonsense than some of the new people.
Everyone’s opinion is equal.
Should judge on what people say, not because they have 20 thousand posts on an internet forum.

You're entitled to that opinion, I happen to not agree with it at all though. I think someone who's been on the forum a decade and has a high post count is someone who's opinion in general i'm going treat with a bit more respect than someone who joined a week ago to slag off some aspect of the club they're not happy with. Y'know why, because I have experience with the long time poster. That's human nature. To remove the ability to see something like that easily is a shame IMO.

Not at all. The point is I'm going to be less inclined to reply to posts now as I don't know who I'm replying to. Especially when we're talking about serious/divisive issues to do with City.

For example, if there's someone with 10 posts who is saying "De Bruyne is shit, he's a Chelsea reject, Txiki a **** for trying to sign him", I'd ignore that person. If someone with 10,000 posts posted that, I'd probably have a conversation with them to try and find out why. As things currently stand I'm just going to ignore the posts. Which will mean in the end I'll be posting even less than I currently do.

Without having an existing history or meeting them you wouldn't know who you were talking to regardless?

Fair enough though, to each their own. I've only joined recently and haven't checked post count, who is a mod etc For me, I guess I when it comes to responding, it depends equally on the point being made and whether I can be arsed.

What purpose do they have?

I would be one to commend their removal.

So many posts add nothing and I just wonder if some posters see the post count as some badge of honour and just post meaningless 1 or 2 word posts just to increase their count - I may be wrong of course.

in fact you're right, we should go by 'date of joining' instead - you're obviously a Rag with only joining this summer ;-)

Haha nicely put. I think someone in another thread, obviously joking, said they were suspicious of members with numbers in their name as well.

I'm glad that they have been removed.
Some people spend a lot of time on here and they seem to think they have a higher opinion or authority over others because of their large post counts.
Some of these also post more drivel and nonsense than some of the new people.
Everyone’s opinion is equal.
Should judge on what people say, not because they have 20 thousand posts on an internet forum.
Don't get this logic, if you've only posted say 50 times and you start a thread saying pellers out, I for one ain't gonna read it, I personally would prefer someone with 1000 posts to start it as the chances are it's been seriously discussed by them with others on here, meaning there is more likely gonna be some sense to the thread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.