De Bruyne?

In fact there are still two and a half weeks to go in the window. So I expect this will still be going in the run up to the Everton game.

German rag here (I come in peace :p), just curious about something.

Not necessarily related to KdB, but what's the point of handing in a transfer request? So the player tells his club he wants to move. Yeah, now how does that change anything or put pressure on the selling club? In the end it's still up to the clubs to agree on a fee. I have never heard of this concept outside the Premier League. When two clubs are negotiating, it's kinda obvious that the player wants out, isn't it?

On a related note, is this "permission to speak to the player" AFTER agreeing a fee a real thing? I could imagine a case where clubs reach an agreement after weeks of negotiating only to find out that the player is not even interested in a move. What's the case here is that usually the buying clubs reaches out to the player's agent, works out the contract details and then gets in touch with the selling club.

Not necessarily related to KdB, but what's the point of handing in a transfer request? So the player tells his club he wants to move. Yeah, now how does that change anything or put pressure on the selling club?

Players have loyalty bonuses worth millions written into their contracts. Even if you push through a move by going on strike, if you don't officially hand in a transfer request than you still get paid that bonuses when you leave.

It's often worth a few million quid to the club that they hand in a transfer request

Hopefully it'll become more clear over the next few days whether or not we have actually made a bid etc. Least KDB hasn't came out and said he doesn't want to move which is promising. Really hope this deal goes through. What an attack that will be.

German rag here (I come in peace :p), just curious about something.

Not necessarily related to KdB, but what's the point of handing in a transfer request? So the player tells his club he wants to move. Yeah, now how does that change anything or put pressure on the selling club? In the end it's still up to the clubs to agree on a fee. I have never heard of this concept outside the Premier League. When two clubs are negotiating, it's kinda obvious that the player wants out, isn't it?

On a related note, is this "permission to speak to the player" AFTER agreeing a fee a real thing? I could imagine a case where clubs reach an agreement after weeks of negotiating only to find out that the player is not even interested in a move. What's the case here is that usually the buying clubs reaches out to the player's agent, works out the contract details and then gets in touch with the selling club.

1) If the player puts in an official transfer request, then the selling club doesn't have to give him the same kind of payoff. It is effectively handing them money back, thus the transfer fee they receive is worth more.

2) Pemission to speak to the 'player' is at the request of the selling club. But nothing can stop anyone from speaking to his agent.

KDB will come to City but he isn't going to force the issue.
We've known this for a while so why the press articles?
Easy - this is simply Wolfsburg reafirming to City what has been said in private - i.e. to pay up or fuck off.

he is being advised very well by someone. just keep quiet and keep doing his thing and let city and wolfsburg come to an agreement in due course. he is also not antagonizing any of the people he may have to end up working with again if this all falls flat.

wolfsburg know they are in a position of strength as well. this transfer is tricky because we are in the weakest position, its all about how much we want KDB to pay what wolfsburg will accept.

i fully expect a deal to be done, but it will most probably be on wolfburgs terms. what a front line we will have then though!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.