De Bruyne?

We should just pay what is needed for this player. In future dealings, perhaps go after a player we are only half interested in, offer a stupid amount then walk away when the other team say no. That way, we can show that we are not going to ALWAYS pay over the odds. This one is worth it in my opinion.
Not a bad idea.

Maybe that's what we did with Hazard

Didn't Tolmie say ( and im old as fuck so if he didnt then excuse me ) that we would buy Sterling then break our transfer record again?

d) The clubs are negotiating a fee, possibly with add ons, very close to what City have offered & it's complex.

As I've just posted, this exact thing happened (according to the media) just before we signed Sterling. Almost the exact figures ( claiming Liverpoool want 50 mil, Wolfsburg want 50 mil). They said City were 'awaiting a response' to our latest bid. It stayed like that for a while, then suddenly we heard that agreement was close, & it was suddenly done.

d) Seems like a) with a negative response and, as you say, they are, as in the Sterling saga, continuing negotiations. And assuming that De Bruyne is 100% open to the move back to the Premier league. Obviously the pay package would not be a problem.

We should just pay what is needed for this player. In future dealings, perhaps go after a player we are only half interested in, offer a stupid amount then walk away when the other team say no. That way, we can show that we are not going to ALWAYS pay over the odds. This one is worth it in my opinion.

Even if City agree with you & were willing to pay what it takes, even if it's stupidly overpaying, there's no chance they would just hand it over straight away, as that would prove they were mugs & everyone would expect the same. They would haggle like fuck, as it appears they are doing & did with Sterling.

The club are still confident a deal will be done from what I've heard, but looks like the price is being driven up. Told it's likely to be in excess of £50m now, which is more than they had budgeted for.
We should pay it to get one over Bayern. Seems a popular belief here in Germany that KDB stays with Wolfsburg 1 more year to go to Bayern next summer, "because it fits Bayerns squad planning better". Let's get the boy here.

d) Seems like a) with a negative response and, as you say, they are, as in the Sterling saga, continuing negotiations. And assuming that De Bruyne is 100% open to the move back to the Premier league. Obviously the pay package would not be a problem.

If DeBruyne wasn't happy to sign, we would have walked away weeks ago. Maybe though, were hoping he'd put in a transfer request, & that would have made the fee less expensive ?

The club are still confident a deal will be done from what I've heard, but looks like the price is being driven up. Told it's likely to be in excess of £50m now, which is more than they had budgeted for.
If the reports are true we had a £150-200M budget and we've spent £60M or so who are we counting pennies for now that Pogba doesn't look likely ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.