De Bruyne?

Really don't want us refusing to pay an extra £5M in KDB so we can go spend £35M on Otamendi
Neither would I. I just hope we can get KDB. I don't really care if it takes until the last day of the transfer window. He will stay for 5-6 years so what's a couple of weeks.

The club are still confident a deal will be done from what I've heard, but looks like the price is being driven up. Told it's likely to be in excess of £50m now, which is more than they had budgeted for.
Not expecting you to name any names, or break any confidences, Ric, but if this one falls through, have we any alternative options in the pipeline, or will we simply stick with Navas, and concentrate all our efforts in bringing in players to fill other positions?

To be honest I think we should call their bluff and at least threatened to walk away.

Can't understand why he hasn't gone public with a transfer request if he genuinely wants out

Doubted DeBruyne really wanted to come from the off, to be honest, think he's waiting for Bayern next year, -particularly as Guadiola looks like coming here.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Last edited:
Well a really simple answer to that is because it's real money.

A second simple possible answer is, what if we spunk too much on DeBruyne & Juve ask to meet ? What if it's true we do want to sign Otamendi, but we have to find out how much money we need for the other deals, & whether we can then afford it ?

I imagine you can think of a good ten more possibilities yourself.
We wouldn't have to be budgeting if we could move a player on without it being a loan with option to buy

It's not my money but at some point I'd just walk away. The club has been saying the days of paying a City Tax on transfers are over. If Wolf don't want to sell around the price we are comfortable paying with that in mind then maybe it's time to look elsewhere.

People act like this is Monopoly money. Soriano's job is to ensure that the club becomes able to 'wash its own face' financially. People have this impression that The Sheikh is happy to use City as a money disposal unit, but the reason he is one of the world's wealthiest men is that he knows how to keep his money and make more from it.

This is all part of that, so all you 'just pay the money' merchants, as well as being utterly naive about business, are also being critical of The Sheikh and Khaldoon for showing a modicum of financial prudence. Given the hundreds and hundreds of millions already spent, I think The Sheikh deserves a bit of slack for trying to run the club as a proper business rather than the 'plaything' that our detractors love to suggest.

sone of this thread is horrible in its binary thinking and angry ignorance.
Good post.

Best thing of this transfer would be Rummeniges stupid face along with million of Bayern fans which are very confident KDB will join them 2016 for a lower fee because of the "connection" with Wolfsburg.

People act like this is Monopoly money. Soriano's job is to ensure that the club becomes able to 'wash its own face' financially. People have this impression that The Sheikh is happy to use City as a money disposal unit, but the reason he is one of the world's wealthiest men is that he knows how to keep his money and make more from it.

This is all part of that, so all you 'just pay the money' merchants, as well as being utterly naive about business, are also being critical of The Sheikh and Khaldoon for showing a modicum of financial prudence. Given the hundreds and hundreds of millions already spent, I think The Sheikh deserves a bit of slack for trying to run the club as a proper business rather than the 'plaything' that our detractors love to suggest.

Sorry for being so business naïve, despite you knowing nothing about me, or others. But, I was simply stating that some players, KDB, are worth going the extra mile for whilst others are not. Personally I do not think anybody on here is criticising the owner. In fact I, and most, are proud of the way the blues do their business.

Very big statement that. I think that once Ronaldo and Messi are past it, Neymar will collect that award on yearly basis.

If De Bruyne can keep up his performance from last year, he will be up there. Bear in mind the last 2 players to finish 3rd in Ballon d'Or - Neuer and Ribery. Last year Robben came 4th.

KDB beat all of those players to Bundesliga POTY last season.

And that was trying to get assists for 2 very average strikers. Imagine him putting those balls into Sergio.

He is definitely Ballon d'Or material if we can do well in Europe. Until we reach a semi final at least I don't think any of our players will get those kind of awards.

Also a good Euro 16 might put him right up there as well.

I have mixed feelings on this Dave. We are of course eternally grateful for what our owner has done for our club,i for one thought i would die without ever seeing us win a trophy again and probably would have done so without his investment.

We are however, by all accounts, the richest club in the world. We were stalled in our progress by FFP but 'reportedly' had up to 200 million to spend this transfer window and so far have spent around 65 million of it. We have fucked about in past transfer windows and lost players like Hazard because of it.Now if someone thinks De Bruyne will improve our team and the going rate is 50 million i say stop fucking about and get it done! The alternative is he spends another year at his club and then gets snapped up by one of our rivals.

I know this may seem a little impatient but we ARE owned by someone worth an estimated 500 billion and a lot of us,yourself included,have had to put up with 35 years of watching substandard shite and having our noses rubbed into it too. If we want to be the biggest and best club in the world we have to pay top dollar and get the best players here before Real,Barca and Bayern do just that as nine times out of ten we will lose out to these clubs anyway if they are in for the same player.

normally wholeheartedly agree with you on every subject but your blind faith in txiki I just cannot understand. Understand that its not as easy as people make out but surely we should be more slick in the market, he seems to be stumbling from problem to problem whilst we get mugged off in public. Sterling- he did a good job on albeit paying liverpools asking price

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.