De Bruyne?

I hope we don't fly anyone in to sign today...they will take one look at the weather and get on the next plane back lol!!

People act like this is Monopoly money. Soriano's job is to ensure that the club becomes able to 'wash its own face' financially. People have this impression that The Sheikh is happy to use City as a money disposal unit, but the reason he is one of the world's wealthiest men is that he knows how to keep his money and make more from it.

This is all part of that, so all you 'just pay the money' merchants, as well as being utterly naive about business, are also being critical of The Sheikh and Khaldoon for showing a modicum of financial prudence. Given the hundreds and hundreds of millions already spent, I think The Sheikh deserves a bit of slack for trying to run the club as a proper business rather than the 'plaything' that our detractors love to suggest.

sone of this thread is horrible in its binary thinking and angry ignorance.

Very big statement that. I think that once Ronaldo and Messi are past it, Neymar will collect that award on yearly basis.

Yes ok you can have that one. Why shouldn't KDB get to that level? He has it all. A footballing brain, power, pace, balance, an eye for goal basically everything.

We should just pay what is needed for this player. In future dealings, perhaps go after a player we are only half interested in, offer a stupid amount then walk away when the other team say no. That way, we can show that we are not going to ALWAYS pay over the odds. This one is worth it in my opinion.
I'm getting the feeling clubs are taking the piss with City and demanding top whack for their players. It's not as if we have any competition from other clubs to sign him.

With that price tag, I hope that if / when we do sign him he hits the ground running, because if he has a quiet start in a city shirt he will have a lot of pressure on his back and the media will slaughter him. Especially with the hotspot they've got for mourinho

Not sure 'breaking the bank for' is an apposite expression in relation to us, though I appreciate the sentiment. One should also consider Wolfsburg's predicament in this scenario,as presumably they also have to find appropriate cover should de Bruyne leave, and the clock is ticking for both sides.

If the reports are true we had a £150-200M budget and we've spent £60M or so who are we counting pennies for now that Pogba doesn't look likely ?

Well a really simple answer to that is because it's real money.

A second simple possible answer is, what if we spunk too much on DeBruyne & Juve ask to meet ? What if it's true we do want to sign Otamendi, but we have to find out how much money we need for the other deals, & whether we can then afford it ?

I imagine you can think of a good ten more possibilities yourself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.