De Bruyne?

woe betide anybody that doesn't agree..... if you are worried that we will turn into a giant of the game (like the rags due to their revenue / fan base) then maybe you need to get off the bus.....

No, I'm purely worried that fans will turn into rag type people. Some of us realise that we are already a giant of the game.

A journo and a Rag now I'm going well here. Neither so sorry to disappoint, a City fan who lives in Perth, Australia and gets up all hours of the night to watch us play. Was asking if there was any news going around in England about the De Bruyne transfer saga I spose you'd call it as twitter and football websites are doing my head in so thought I'd ask here.
Only if they want to sell him, which they don't seem to want to. So long as the player refuses to manufacture a transfer saying and doing nothing is the best tactic for them to take.

I don't like it any more than you do but even if they wanted the money their best bet is to string us along until the looming deadline and then say £85 mill and he's yours. Then settle at 75 or so.

I hate how transfers with us are done now but clubs become real hard nosed bastards.

Being hard nosed really paid off for Spurs with Bale.

Could not agree more with you but if they dont want to sell just say that or heres a figure meet it, the way they are going about it is really annoying making up stories and play games trying to make it out that we are messing them about and bad mouthing the City. Just really don't like the tactics they are going with.

Now on the front of De Bruyne i really like the look of the lad and will definitely improve us, so if it's a couple of millions I think we should front up and pay it, on the other hand if you are correct and they are going to keep pushing the price up till they get to the 70 million marker then move on, see if we can get Isco for 35 mil.
definitely
definitely

Ill be going to Alkimoss next year, looking to stay there hopefully. Is it decent?

I don't have a clue pal! I was in Victoria Park which is just south of CBD. Didn't venture up that way I'm afraid! Lovely part of the world though so can't imagine it's bad!

No, I'm purely worried that fans will turn into rag type people. Some of us realise that we are already a giant of the game.
Those that "turn" are more likely newish converts, if you can still remember the smell of piss in the toilets at Maine Road, trudging back at double time to your car, to get a head start before the mad dash ( while still staying til the final whistle) and hoping no-ones keyed it, then I think you'll be ok.
Some call it an inferiority complex "likkle City" , but if you still sit there not relaxing until we're atleast 3 up with 85mins on the clock, I don't think you'll ever lose that sense of grounding, it's like an invisible tattoo

Yeah well I don't care how long you've been around because so have I.

But that doesn't mean I'm going to demand more money from our owner, which is what you are doing. And if that ever becomes the norm for City fans, then I'll leave you all to it.

Luckily I think it's only a small percentage who have that attitude, but it's normally recent fans who talk like that, not long term blues.

This all the way.

Now I'm a 90s kid so I have nothing but respect for those that have been following this club through decades of ups and downs but, at the same time as giving us blues decent grounding, it also seems to have poisoned some with a certain sense of entitlement. I know my post count is low so my opinion will probably be put down to raggy bellendishness but that entitlement is what drives my hatred of Man U, Arsenal and Newcastle as clubs and fanbases.

At the end of the day, say what you want about it "not being our money", but think about it; the difference between £47m and £48m is not nothing, it's a million fucking pound sterling. £1,000,000 that could be put to a million other uses. Now the owner has proven time and again that his arms are long enough to reach into his deep, deep pockets, but you'd be a moron to think that we're entitled to however much it takes to sign any player the fans want.

I want De Bruyne and I wouldn't let loose a single word of protest of we signed him for £100m if that's what we deem him to be worth. However, if we walk away because it's not seen in our best interests, we should move on and smash the league. Despite the perceived holes, we have a world class squad and I feel extremely thankful for that as it's not something we were ever entitled to.

Honestly this site used to be such fun to come on. I used to post on here loads, but now only come on to read and find transfer updates. I've looked through a fair amount of pages on this thread to see what the latest is and I can't find anything.

All there is, is a load of "you're full of shit" "I'm worried about our squad" "what's Txiki doing"

It's depressing. We've got one of, if not the best squad in the league. For me anyone we eventually sign is a bonus and further cements us as favourites to win the league. I really don't think we need to add anything to achieve our objective.

Now for the pettiness, can we not open a forum specifically for arguments. Let's call it "let's take this outside" so then people who want to have a petty argument can do it without spamming a informative thread.

Lastly can someone please give me an idea of where the De Bruyne transfer is up to.

word. x

This all the way.

Now I'm a 90s kid so I have nothing but respect for those that have been following this club through decades of ups and downs but, at the same time as giving us blues decent grounding, it also seems to have poisoned some with a certain sense of entitlement. I know my post count is low so my opinion will probably be put down to raggy bellendishness but that entitlement is what drives my hatred of Man U, Arsenal and Newcastle as clubs and fanbases.

At the end of the day, say what you want about it "not being our money", but think about it; the difference between £47m and £48m is not nothing, it's a million fucking pound sterling. £1,000,000 that could be put to a million other uses. Now the owner has proven time and again that his arms are long enough to reach into his deep, deep pockets, but you'd be a moron to think that we're entitled to however much it takes to sign any player the fans want.

I want De Bruyne and I wouldn't let loose a single word of protest of we signed him for £100m if that's what we deem him to be worth. However, if we walk away because it's not seen in our best interests, we should move on and smash the league. Despite the perceived holes, we have a world class squad and I feel extremely thankful for that as it's not something we were ever entitled to.
Good post

RAG!!

The only thing I can think of as to why Wolfsburg haven't replied to the offer is that they are seeing if they can get a replacement quickly. Other than that they should have no reason to wait it seems.

£47m is hardly risible though.
It is if that's how they see it. Unfortunately they hold all the cards unless the player takes action. The club probably have £70-80 million in mind, remembering they don't really want to sell at all. Look at the stupid money Spurs got for Bale by being arseholes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.