De Bruyne?

Yeah well I don't care how long you've been around because so have I.

But that doesn't mean I'm going to demand more money from our owner, which is what you are doing. And if that ever becomes the norm for City fans, then I'll leave you all to it.

Luckily I think it's only a small percentage who have that attitude, but it's normally recent fans who talk like that, not long term blues.
definitely a head in the sand merchant... I've been a City fan all my life, 51 years and counting...

I've decided to embrace the money and the progress that comes with it

To hanker for the past seems a little illogical to me and in reference to your earlier posts, it doesn't make us rags to think this way!! Enjoy the ride or as also mentioned, get off the charabanc....

This all the way.

Now I'm a 90s kid so I have nothing but respect for those that have been following this club through decades of ups and downs but, at the same time as giving us blues decent grounding, it also seems to have poisoned some with a certain sense of entitlement. I know my post count is low so my opinion will probably be put down to raggy bellendishness but that entitlement is what drives my hatred of Man U, Arsenal and Newcastle as clubs and fanbases.

At the end of the day, say what you want about it "not being our money", but think about it; the difference between £47m and £48m is not nothing, it's a million fucking pound sterling. £1,000,000 that could be put to a million other uses. Now the owner has proven time and again that his arms are long enough to reach into his deep, deep pockets, but you'd be a moron to think that we're entitled to however much it takes to sign any player the fans want.

I want De Bruyne and I wouldn't let loose a single word of protest of we signed him for £100m if that's what we deem him to be worth. However, if we walk away because it's not seen in our best interests, we should move on and smash the league. Despite the perceived holes, we have a world class squad and I feel extremely thankful for that as it's not something we were ever entitled to.

The thing is, it's only a few years we have come from mid table, to this position. We have just taken Liverpool's star player from them!

I can understand when people get upset with certain players or the manager, but I can never accept anybody complaining about us not spending money. As you say, if they decide they want to spend it, I won't argue, but if they donb't spend another quid in this window, I won't argue about that either.

I've watched mainly shit for 40 odd years, not even daring to dream we could become the kind of club/team we are now & now I know without a shadow of a doubt, that City are going to keep on challenging & no doubt improving, pretty much forever.

Yes I'll have a good moan at players & managers when they underperform, but the owner & his representative, never, never.

definitely a head in the sand merchant... I've been a City fan all my life, 51 years and counting...

To hanker for the past seems a little illogical to me and in reference to your earlier posts, it doesn't make us rags to think this way!! Enjoy the ride or as also mentioned, get off the charabanc....

What the fucking hell are you talking about ?

I'm the one who is backing the club, not the one moaning about the owner!

I fully support everything we are doing, what about you ?

It is if that's how they see it. Unfortunately they hold all the cards unless the player takes action. The club probably have £70-80 million in mind, remembering they don't really want to sell at all. Look at the stupid money Spurs got for Bale by being arseholes.

Pfffft!...One good season in the bundesliga does not an £80m signing make.

Bale was deadly for a good few years in the prem league to earn his price tag.

£47m is a fine offer, irrespective of their own valuation, and they shouldn't completely ignore it imo...it shows nothing but a lack of class, and a contemptuous attitude.

Saying that though, i guess they have done that already...

The thing is, it's only a few years we have come from mid table, to this position. We have just taken Liverpool's star player from them!

I can understand when people get upset with certain players or the manager, but I can never accept anybody complaining about us not spending money. As you say, if they decide they want to spend it, I won't argue, but if they donb't spend another quid in this window, I won't argue about that either.

I've watched mainly shit for 40 odd years, not even daring to dream we could become the kind of club/team we are now & now I know without a shadow of a doubt, that City are going to keep on challenging & no doubt improving, pretty much forever.

Yes I'll have a good moan at players & managers when they underperform, but the owner & his representative, never, never.

God yes. Remember having to cringe every time that crook Thahksin or whatever featured in some dreadful story. Our current owners - we are blessed to have them. They have real plans and ambition. Maybe they make mistakes. Who doesn't? I can still hardly believe our luck.

Honestly this site used to be such fun to come on. I used to post on here loads, but now only come on to read and find transfer updates. I've looked through a fair amount of pages on this thread to see what the latest is and I can't find anything.

All there is, is a load of "you're full of shit" "I'm worried about our squad" "what's Txiki doing"

It's depressing. We've got one of, if not the best squad in the league. For me anyone we eventually sign is a bonus and further cements us as favourites to win the league. I really don't think we need to add anything to achieve our objective.

Now for the pettiness, can we not open a forum specifically for arguments. Let's call it "let's take this outside" so then people who want to have a petty argument can do it without spamming a informative thread.

Lastly can someone please give me an idea of where the De Bruyne transfer is up to.

word. x
Seems we offered £47m a few days ago and they have not responded officially,aside from that nothing concrete

Pfffft!...One good season in the bundesliga does not an £80m signing make.

Bale was deadly sor a good few years in the prem league to earn his price tag.

I agree. He's not worth it. However that might well be what Wolf think they must be offered to part with a player they don't want to or need to sell. So long as the player does not agitate to leave they can ask any stupid price they like. But let's hope we can get him for something a little more reasonable.

I completely agree with this.

I don't think it necessarily matters that the club have come from nowhere. Every club in the world has come from nowhere. Sure, we don't have the right to be extreme and stupidly demanding, nobody does. But I think we should be allowed to say "Well.. we're rich now and we go after the best players in the world now, so we can at least discuss it and criticise it in a reasonable manner." It's hard to get used to being a big club, sure, but there's this weird sort of malaise that I feel is bringing down the community. This attitude of "You're not allowed to criticise the club because we should all be infinitely grateful for our success." The thing is that those things aren't mutually exclusive. I'm stunned by what has happened to city and still can't get over it, but I still think I have the right to have a go when bad decisions are made. Nobody is perfect, even the incredible people responsible for our rise up the ranks and, as fans, we have a right to talk about our club in both a positive and negative way, as long as it doesn't go too far. It's not ungrateful to be negative, it shows that you give a damn and want the club to be as great as it can be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.