De Bruyne?

richards30 said:
Seems to be gathering pace this one. Don't know much about him to be honest, is he any good? Fast? Skillful?

A cross between Milner and Nasri in that he's good on the ball and brings creativity yet will help the full back out, can also play as a number 10, not sure if he'd make our first 11 but certainly better than Willian who Mourinho replaced him with at Chelsea.

Kun Aguero said:
richards30 said:
Seems to be gathering pace this one. Don't know much about him to be honest, is he any good? Fast? Skillful?

A cross between Milner and Nasri in that he's good on the ball and brings creativity yet will help the full back out, can also play as a number 10, not sure if he'd make our first 11 but certainly better than Willian who Mourinho replaced him with at Chelsea.

Cheers fella, worth the £27-30m mentioned?

Kun Aguero said:
richards30 said:

Maybe he's being lined up as a Milner replacement in case Milner doesn't sign a new contract. He's a reliable winger who will probably be ahead of Navas in a lineup. Work rate is very good at Wolfsburg. Oh and he can also take a decent corner.

richards30 said:
Kun Aguero said:
richards30 said:

Cheers fella, worth the £27-30m mentioned?

Considering his age and the lack of creativity when Silva or Nasri miss out I'd pay it.

This could be a great signing de bruyne has the lot physically strong tenacious with bit of pace i could see him playing a more central role he could take over from fat frank or navas or milner as he can play anywhere.

would be a great player but not what we need!

can he dribble past people? taken them on with pace? or bully pass them?

I think De Bruyne is a fantastic player, but 40 million Wolfsburg are quoted to be asking is way too steep when City have other needs to fill.

City should focus on trying to find the next De Bruyne, not spending 40 million pounds on a player from a team that has no need to sell.

He's pretty versitile. It might just work sticking him in midfield and have him making Lampard type runs. He plays across all attacking MF positions which means he could see plenty of games.

supercrystal7 said:
BayernMan said:
Andouble said:
do Chelsea have a sell-on clause? Would this deter us?

Incredible cross for Wolfsburg tonight in the Europa
No clause has been mentioned and with all the hype around him im sure Chelsea would have thought about triggering it since he isn't even cup tied.
If De Bruyne has learnt anything he should stay at Wolfsburg at least for another 2 years. I hear the Belgium manager has told him the same thing. No reason to rush things. He will be playing CL football next season and possibly for challenging for the league. No need to rush things.
You think we're going to have a huge slump between now and the end of the season? I guess we're just going for a 5-6 position next season too?

ColinLee said:
supercrystal7 said:
BayernMan said:
No clause has been mentioned and with all the hype around him im sure Chelsea would have thought about triggering it since he isn't even cup tied.
If De Bruyne has learnt anything he should stay at Wolfsburg at least for another 2 years. I hear the Belgium manager has told him the same thing. No reason to rush things. He will be playing CL football next season and possibly for challenging for the league. No need to rush things.
You think we're going to have a huge slump between now and the end of the season? I guess we're just going for a 5-6 position next season too?

His point is that he would be a guaranteed starter for Wolfsburg, but he wouldn't for us. He could of course come and smash his way into our first team and actually challenge for the league, rather than second place, but his move to Chelsea showed stepping up isn't all plain sailing. If he's that good he'll still have plenty of clubs after him in a season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.