De Bruyne?

It isn't our money so stop worrying has got nothing to do with anything. It's a stock answer that assumes we have no budget and do not care that some of the money paid may mean we miss out on another player and don't have as good a squad as we might have had.

Let's take City out of it to avoid blue spectacles.

What do you think he is worth?

i think we are looking to refresh the team for the next 5 or so years,the last major transfer spurge served us well no? it will be money well spent get it done city

It isn't our money so stop worrying has got nothing to do with anything. It's a stock answer that assumes we have no budget and do not care that some of the money paid may mean we miss out on another player and don't have as good a squad as we might have had.

If another team bought a top young homegrown prospect for 44M+ and is now looking to buy another top league's POTY, He should be worth a lot more than 44M+. You can then look at the fees "reported" for the likes of Hazard,Isco,James,Di Maria and Bale and see that this particular player is worth in an around those fees.

Aguero then wasn't the player he is now. We knew Tevez was a problem, and we had to replace him, and Aguero was similar. He was good, but he wasn't considered stunningly good like he is now.
It was more a case of 'this lad COULD be amazing', whilst we now know he lived up to that expectation (and more).

And of course, the market's moved on yet again. There's a premium on English players, which perversely also makes foreign players seem a decent buy even if overpriced themselves. 50m for Sterling, makes 40m someone else seem palatable.
Aguero was superb when he was at atletico there was only 2 teams that could afford him at the time,us and Madrid but there was no chance atletico would sell to there arch enemy's.

It isn't our decision for the umpteenth time but our owners and THEY will pay what THEY think he is worth,even if it is more than they originally wanted to,or they will walk away! What other player??? The Pogba deal looks dead and anyway the figure being mooted around we may spend,which was probably pure speculation,was 150-200 million and we have spent nowhere near that yet.

Again....he is worth what it takes to get him into a sky blue shirt. It is going to be more expensive because he is under contract and isn't fussed about moving.

If we pay that then 47m is ok obviously.

Which it is, as we haven't ended up paying 60m for Pogba which was accounted for.

I Just wonder, at the start of our chase,how many would have picked KDB as worth 47 million or more. Honestly I would have expected to pay 30-35 million. He's a great player and I really want him but I'd want City to walk at double that and spend the money elsewhere. I'm getting the impression people think that because it's not their money 90 million is ok. Those same people will complain when we can't spend a similar amount on another player.

He had a much better season than James Rodriguez had before joining Real Madrid for £63m. He is the most talented attacking player on the market by some distance and that's why I think City will go the extra mile, just like they did with Sterling.

What worried me slightly was tolmie saying we would have a BIG problem if PSG came back in for him, this can only be for locality purposes that he is closer to home so he can get back for his reported family issues. Why the fuck would you choose a two bit league over the PL, he may aswell stay in Germany if he needs to be close to home, he needs to show his bollocks now and make Wolsburg realise they don't need a player on the books with one eye on the exit door.

Bit strange this one if you ask me.

40/45 no more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.