De Bruyne?

You haven't got a copy of the profit and loss account have you and list of contracts, bonuses, income forecast and transfer targets?

That way I can answer your hypothetical question, to ensure I stay under budget.

I would say the same to those that are saying 47 million is ok. Since none of us know I'm asking an opinion...let's say we can afford £150 million for the sake of the question.

So if Wolfsburg ask £250 million pay it?

Is anyone going to have a go at this? It's easy to say pay £57 million. When is it too much? Saying we can afford it is cuckoo land as we have a budget like any other business.
Not sure what leverage we have. Player is content enough to not force a move. Wolfsburg is subsidized by VW, right? So they don't need the money. With no leverage, and trying to acquire the BuLi POTY, this will be pricey.

The real question is, who are the alternatives? Doesn't make sense to pass on De Bruyne for an alternative who won't be here in 18 months.

Of course but we paid what 35 mill for Aguero? Are you saying that KDB now is a much better player than Aguero when we signed him?

No idea or how we got Aguero so cheaply but it was a few years ago now and transfers and the landscape has changed.As i said stop fretting we are not paying it personally and if the club think it is a deal worth doing they will,if not they walk.

So is it now £57 mill to get de bruyne (I would be thinking fcuk them and move on ) but it isn't my money so go for it,we only want what's best for city and if de bruyne signs and it helps us get back the premier league ( or more ) then it can be viewed as money well spent....

You can lol all you like, the agent fees spiked when Chelsea won the CL and we walked away.

We were unwilling to pay the amount requested and it was a huge error.

Indeed it was.

If we're going to take the principled route at least be consistent with it. And maybe make the occasional exception for a really special player.

That summer we passed on Hazard over agent fees and wage demands, while bringing in shite like Garcia and Rodwell for circa £30m. Sinclair for £8m as well.

Sometimes you have to take the occasional hit, this I fully agree with.

But I think that's a somewhat separate discussion to being shrewd and calculated in negotiations as we were talking previously.

Is anyone that thinks £57 million is OK (and by the way I'm not saying it isn't) willing to say what they think is too much?

I ask because there are a number of independent sites that put a neutral value on players given length of contract remaining,age, achievements,skill levels etc and, in some of those Sterling was valued at 60 million. KDB is around 35 million.

So whether you think those valuations are correct or not. What is the most you think City should pay for KDB?

Just interested.

It's the old adage that he's worth what a club will pay, me id just do it tbh, he will be awesome in our team and can we really afford to miss out, Pogba can swivel for me if it means getting this lad.

Shit or get off the pot time now , let's show the football world how big our bollocks are.

I would say the same to those that are saying 47 million is ok. Since none of us know I'm asking an opinion...let's say we can afford £150 million for the sake of the question.
If we pay that then 47m is ok obviously.

Which it is, as we haven't ended up paying 60m for Pogba which was accounted for.

Aguero then wasn't the player he is now. We knew Tevez was a problem, and we had to replace him, and Aguero was similar. He was good, but he wasn't considered stunningly good like he is now.
It was more a case of 'this lad COULD be amazing', whilst we now know he lived up to that expectation (and more).

And of course, the market's moved on yet again. There's a premium on English players, which perversely also makes foreign players seem a decent buy even if overpriced themselves. 50m for Sterling, makes 40m someone else seem palatable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.