De Bruyne?

You can't discount Bayern and, even though some people scoffed at their supposed interest, it is real. That's presumably why even though Wolfsburg have verbally accepted our offer, they're delaying over the weekend to see what Bayern's offer is.

Just think we're too far down the line with this to let it slip though. I doubt Bayern can match our offer, to either De Bruyne or Wolfsburg, and the player is said to favour a move to Manchester.
Cheers Ric, it's this that bothers me, it's almost like there's a requirement to listen to Bayern.

I was just speculating as to why Wolfsburg were delaying for a few days despite verbally accepting our offer.

Could just as easily be them wanting to get a replacement lined up before anything is announced.

Either way, we have to patiently bide our time and work to their timescales. If we threatened to walk away from the deal they would probably be fine with that, and I doubt we're willing to do that.

I don't think it matters greatly to City when the deal is concluded, as long as it gets done.

I imagine City feel they can scrape a side together for the Watford game.

I think I'm the only one who doesn't really even want De Bruyne *at any price*.

It's not knee-jerk from me, if you look through my posts about him, I was always a bit sceptical about KdB, and I'm just unsure whether we need another "No. 10" in the first eleven as we've got Silva, too. Currently, with Sterling drifting inside and Navas just staying at the sideline makes it a great balance and gives Silva lot of options to create something. With KdB taking Navas' place, I don't know, it of course might work, but I see our attacking mid options absolutely fascinating just as it stands now.

Also, De Bruyne flourishes in a counter-attacking setup, he really does, which is great, but I'm just wondering that he's worth all the fuss after 1 world-class season, when he might (or might not) suffer in a possession-based team.

He's not exactly Silva when it comes to retain and pass the ball in tight spaces.

I suspect you are wrong and you and many others have just took the bait Bild put out for you, the paper was reporting it was all agreed for most of yesterday
No, I was referring more to KDB being in the Wolfsburg team to play this weekend, that's the only real evidence that the deal is not yet signed.

It's not knee-jerk from me, if you look through my posts about him, I was always a bit sceptical about KdB, and I'm just unsure whether we need another "No. 10" in the first eleven as we've got Silva, too. Currently, with Sterling drifting inside and Navas just staying at the sideline makes it a great balance and gives Silva lot of options to create something. With KdB taking Navas' place, I don't know, it of course might work, but I see our attacking mid options absolutely fascinating just as it stands now.

Also, De Bruyne flourishes in a counter-attacking setup, he really does, which is great, but I'm just wondering that he's worth all the fuss after 1 world-class season, when he might (or might not) suffer in a possession-based team.

He's not exactly Silva when it comes to retain and pass the ball in tight spaces.
He is much better than Navas. Navas never scores a goal, need better than that at the highest level.

Tbh I felt exactly the same when I first saw links to us, I wondered how the fuck a player with his pass completion rate, would possibly fit in at City. But I've done a complete about turn on that & actually now think the opposite. Someone who does something different, is exactly what we need. He 'has a go' . Sometimes, as a team, we don't.

Re counter attacking, I think we will do a lot more of that this season, Chelsea being an example. But against the bus parkers in a possession game, DeBruyne may be the key which unlocks it.

This is a big one for City imo. Bigger than Pogba. We will be great without him, but with him, we could be something unstoppable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.