De Bruyne?

Not got a clue perhaps it's down to a lack of life experience by the way I am quite confident that this is done and dusted and he will be here by next week I would have rather it would have been done yesterday because I knew we would have a weekend of flapping

I think you're right. Most of tbe flappers are the youngsters, I would say. I'm just sitting back and enjoying the ride. What will be will be.

The 'impact' is that Zuculini has DeBruyne's place in the squad. He has to go, in order to...oh fuck it.

Read the thread & see why Zuculini was ever mentioned at all in this thread, & you'll find it was because i mentioned him, because i think the fact we are moving him on, is because DeBruyne is about to sign.

just my opinion.

Then people are cominig on arguing the merits of Zuculini. I'm not I think it's good news he's going, because i think his squad place is being made available for DeBruyne.

That's it.
I understand your point ,but effectively we can have as many foreigners as we want but can only register 17 ,so it makes sense to move on the worst player in the squad who at present is zuculini or why maybe Fernando has disappeared off the face of the earth or why city may be up to letting MD go a year early

No idea, nor that they think that because a player has a number, we need to move one out to bring one in. This was proved last season when we brought Bony in, and left Jovetic out of the CL squad. We can sign de Bruyne, and keep Zuculini if we wish, but Zuculini just won't see much football, just the Capital One Cup I guess, better he goes elsewhere and play, and try an establish himself as a first team regular, and show something that might mark him out as having a future at City.

I know you brought him up, but he doesn't have de Bruyne's place at all. He currently has a place, the second de Bruyne signs he doesn't, regardless of whether we sell or loan him out, see Jovetic last January.

Exactly. Although I don't think that Zuculini would play even if De Bruyne doesn't sign. That's the real reason he's moving on and nothing to do with squad places.

He's bang average (at this stage) and probably on a level with the likes of Evans, Fofana, etc.

Same as Boyata last year.

No idea, nor that they think that because a player has a number, we need to move one out to bring one in. This was proved last season when we brought Bony in, and left Jovetic out of the CL squad. We can sign de Bruyne, and keep Zuculini if we wish, but Zuculini just won't see much football, just the Capital One Cup I guess, better he goes elsewhere and play, and try an establish himself as a first team regular, and show something that might mark him out as having a future at City.

I know you brought him up, but he doesn't have de Bruyne's place at all. He currently has a place, the second de Bruyne signs he doesn't regardless of whether we sell or loan him out, see Jovetic last January.

Right, you are completely wrong on this. It was a Champions League place Jovetic lost, because we had a place less due to sanctions, not a job, he was still available for the Premier League.

If Zuculini was still at the club & we signed DeBruyne, Zuculini would be effctively a prisoner at City, unable to play professional football, at the age of 22.

There is not a single chance in Hell, that City would allow that to happen. It would be morally wrong & legally wrong.

I think City have been talking to clubs about Zuculini, & are now willing to release him, because they think DeBruyne is coming.

i may be wrong, they may have released Zuculini anyway, but I'm not wrong about the fact that a player has to leave in order for DeBruyne to come in. That is a fact.

Sorry Ric but I struggle to believe we have agreed a fee but are happy to wait to see what bayern can offer?! We've been apparently chasing him for months and yet are sitting waiting to see if Bayern fancy him over the weekend even though it seems they've done little work on it.

Might be too simplistic but if we've agreed terms with De Bruyne and a fee with Wolfsburg then surely that's it done.

I was just speculating as to why Wolfsburg were delaying for a few days despite verbally accepting our offer.

Could just as easily be them wanting to get a replacement lined up before anything is announced.

Either way, we have to patiently bide our time and work to their timescales. If we threatened to walk away from the deal they would probably be fine with that, and I doubt we're willing to do that.

I don't think it matters greatly to City when the deal is concluded, as long as it gets done.

I understand your point ,but effectively we can have as many foreigners as we want but can only register 17 ,so it makes sense to move on the worst player in the squad who at present is zuculini or why maybe Fernando has disappeared off the face of the earth or why city may be up to letting MD go a year early

No, we can't have players at the club & not able to play football, that would be an absolute disgrace.

Someone has to leave in order for DeBruyne to sign & as you rightly point out, that would naturally appear to be Zuculini.

I think it's a good sign, that Zuculini is being moved on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.