De Bruyne?

Ok so obviously he seems a great signing looking at his videos and stats etc.

Could someone who has watched him more frequently convince me he's good as a RW? Where did he play for Wolfsburg for most of last season, was it CAM or RW? And was he as effective out wide?

Wouldn't want him displacing Silva out wide, and wouldn't like him being a Nasri style player and whilst obviously better than Navas from an ability point of view, not necessarily better for playing wide.

And before people say I'm just trying to make him seem a bad signing or whatever this isn't me trying to put a negative spin on the situation I just haven't seen enough of him playing to be absolutely sure he's as good as a compilation video can make someone look and would like opinions from people who know more about him.

Squad is looking pretty beast now though, slightly shy at CM and soon enough will need LB/RB replacements but we've lowered the average age nicely and brought in plenty of potential and ability.

stablemcfc.......the great thing about the Sterling and De Bruyne signings is system flexibility. Both can play inside and outside on the wing! I see De Bruyne as having the best of Navas and the best bits of Nasri but in one player. He isnt as "quick" as Navas but he has long speed and is very dangerous on the break....Silva is now (at last) playing his best position, a position he should have been playing all the time..The signings of Sterling and now De Bruyne has allow us to move Silva where he needed to be...Silva is at his best behind the front man in the middle, where he can move around and fill the pocket.....De Bruyne gives us someone that can not only beat a man but has the final ball to match and can score from distance...(alot of his goals come from outside the box).....love the signing and the flexibility this signing will bring....

Ok so obviously he seems a great signing looking at his videos and stats etc.

Could someone who has watched him more frequently convince me he's good as a RW? Where did he play for Wolfsburg for most of last season, was it CAM or RW? And was he as effective out wide?

Wouldn't want him displacing Silva out wide, and wouldn't like him being a Nasri style player and whilst obviously better than Navas from an ability point of view, not necessarily better for playing wide.

And before people say I'm just trying to make him seem a bad signing or whatever this isn't me trying to put a negative spin on the situation I just haven't seen enough of him playing to be absolutely sure he's as good as a compilation video can make someone look and would like opinions from people who know more about him.

Squad is looking pretty beast now though, slightly shy at CM and soon enough will need LB/RB replacements but we've lowered the average age nicely and brought in plenty of potential and ability.
I don't think you understand what we've done with this squad, he isn't replacing any player, left, right, or middle, he's adding to it all, they can all play anywhere, including Sergio, sit back, relax, and enjoy.

But ... what are we going to do til Monday?

Had my weekend planned out and everything.

tumblr_inline_nee0gcgZeK1s1a87s.gif

Haha amazing, sums up this saga completely.

stablemcfc.......the great thing about the Sterling and De Bruyne signings is system flexibility. Both can play inside and outside on the wing! I see De Bruyne as having the best of Navas and the best bits of Nasri but in one player. He isnt as "quick" as Navas but he has long speed and is very dangerous on the break....Silva is now (at last) playing his best position, a position he should have been playing all the time..The signings of Sterling and now De Bruyne has allow us to move Silva where he needed to be...Silva is at his best behind the front man in the middle, where he can move around and fill the pocket.....De Bruyne gives us someone that can not only beat a man but has the final ball to match and can score from distance...(alot of his goals come from outside the box).....love the signing and the flexibility this signing will bring....

Yeah, love the flexibility, I'm just a fan of how we've set up this season playing very wide and wouldn't want to lose that. Sounds like everyone's pretty confident he can do the business on the right and if that's the case I'll be delighted. Although I like how wide Navas stays, he is pretty one dimensional and doesn't have a left foot so I suppose KDB will be harder to defend against if he's willing to pop onto his left just as much as his right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.