De Bruyne?

At the risk of walking face first into a clarkie, I think a lot of people are leaning more towards a Pogba-Fernandinho partnership infront of the defence, if we get all our targets.

Obviously a debatable topic but you do wonder whether Pogba-Yaya would provide enough energy and defensive cover to accomodate for our riches upfront.

I think in 'lesser' games a front 4 of Aguero, Silva, Sterling, De Bruyne (e.g.), and any 2 of Yaya/Pogba/Fernandinho behind.

A slightly more defensive approach is Aguero, Silva and 1 of Sterling/De Bruyne, and then a midfield 3 of Yaya, Pog and Dinho. Of course a lot of this is hypothetical depending on 2 big transfers.

I'm also of the belief that the need for an out-and-out DM is a bit old-fashioned, and because we have found it so hard to find a suitable De Jong replacement we should give up on this idea. The top teams, Real, Barca, Bayern etc don't need limited, tough-tackling types, so I think the future is a Pirlo/Alonso/Busquets/Khedira/Modric/Verrati type sitter. Yaya and Fernandinho and probably Pogba are all capable of doing this IMO, so any 2 of these would be a strong midfield.

You think we'll spend £50m on De Bruyne and put him on the bench? or use Sterling as a striker primarily?

4 3 3 is the way the club will go an Manuel has been told this I reckon.
Stirling will go left in the main but the front free will interchange.

De Bruyne will not replace Silva in that starting line up. Silva is our best and most important midfielder and he must be given his wish to play in the number 10 role.

I see Kevin as the long term replacement for David.

Hoping we get the other 2.

That team can challenge for the big one within 2 years when Pep gets here.

If we get De Bruyne then Sterling, Aguero, KDB with Silva in behind is going to need a fully mobile midfield.

Pressure is on Toure. I have always thought that Fernando and Fernandinho were capable of forming the defensive basis of a 3 man midfield, but I'll be in a tiny minority on that. I think we may find out next season because Toure is really going to have to work hard in pre-season and get his fitness back to where it was 18 months ago.

I think Toure will find himself playing less games and he'll be a sub, but it's up to him.

We saw the Fernando and Fernandinho combo vs Arsenal. What was the result? We couldn't get the ball into the 3rd man, Silva, because neither are good passers of the ball. It was a really poor performance allround.
It can work (to an extent) when we're going to be doing lots of defending, like against a Bayern or even away at Roma but otherwise it's not the way forward

De Bruyne left Chelsea for playing time. If we aren't going to start him, he won't sign for us. Personally I think trying to sell Dzeko and Jovetic hints towards us moving to a 433 which has been touted for a while.

----------POGBA----------FERNANDINHO----------
----------------------DE BRUYNE--------------------------
--------SILVA------AGUERO------STERLING------

Would be my predicted line up, I think most people are dropping Yaya because if we do play those 4 attackers we are going to need high energy by the 2 cm's to get up and down the pitch.

This is all a bit premature, seeing as we haven't signed him yet!

With PSG and possibly Bayern interested it's not going to be a formality securing his services.

How about Silva drops into midfield in the Iniesta/Xavi role?

Pogba, Fernandinho, Silva

Sterling, Aguero, KDB​

With PSG and possibly Bayern interested it's not going to be a formality securing his services.
Nowt wrong with a bit of premature... whatever this is. :0) And it does look like PSG have some interest in Di Maria which should help City.

Bloody hell! I know that these YouTube videos can make a lot of players look better than they are, but... This lad has brilliant technique, he looks quite quick, he can see & seize opportunities & can use either foot. Sign him up!

You heard anything ric reguarding KDB & Pogba surely these moves will happen soon I'm sure Manuel P wants this squad in place & all settled during pre season & before season starts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.