De Bruyne?

Perhaps Yaya already knows that and is happy (perhaps even part of the reason he's still here?) after all he's 32 now and a really big guy. We all slow down over time and an easier schedule for him may just work for the best for everybody. He's never looked like a player that needs games to keep his quality up.
I just don't see why he's yet to retire? He's won the AfCoN now surely he should be considering retirement from that by now? It'll give him the chance to rest and play with Pogba with less fatigue. De Bruyne not seen much of but just had a look on youtube and does look like he'd be a great acquisition.

I'm part of your minority. Those two can do that role. I said it yesterday, Ya Ya is going to find it had to play regulalrly if we land all our targets.

Me also. I don't know why everyone has been trying so hard to fit Yaya into the new formation - I think the idea is to use him more sparingly to make the most of his waning stamina. If we get Pogba we can frequently play any combination of Fernando/Fernandinho/Pogba with Yaya coming on later and/or playing as part of a midfield 3 from time to time. He doesn't have to be the 'every game week in week out' player anymore.

Hang on, people think Yaya isn't going to get into the team ahead of Fernando?

At the risk of walking face first into a clarkie, I think a lot of people are leaning more towards a Pogba-Fernandinho partnership infront of the defence, if we get all our targets.

Obviously a debatable topic but you do wonder whether Pogba-Yaya would provide enough energy and defensive cover to accomodate for our riches upfront.

Speaking of sneaky feelings, I have a sneaky feeling that Pellegrini is going to drop a bollock and think that playing Yaya and Pogba in a midfield two is a good idea...

We all have Fernandinho in our best 11, yet there have been times where he's seemed out of favour with Pellegrini...

I honestly think our manager (and his is the only opinion that matters) will play Pogba and Yaya together (should Pogba sign), with De Bruyne, Silva and Sterling in front of them. And we'll continue to be EXTREMELY open.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.