De Bruyne?

Yaya used to play centerback for Barca, even did so in a CL final, I think if Pogba arrives then Yaya will be forced into a much more defensive role than he's played for us, in that way our superstar overload will more or less be fixed.

Yaya used to play centerback for Barca, even did so in a CL final, I think if Pogba arrives then Yaya will be forced into a much more defensive role than he's played for us, in that way our superstar overload will more or less be fixed.
not convinced that Yaya has both the discipline or the pace to do that job.

If the guy was sold by chavs cos he doesn't work hard enough isnt it kind of a concern? Anyways he is the one am most excited about. Hope we get him and he wows everyone!

He wasn't sold because he didn't work hard enough!

Not sure why everyone thinks that, I think it's because that was his reasoning for Mata going, and KDB left at the same time so its just been assumed as fact. De Bruyne wanted a bigger role, and Mourinho bought Willian + Schurrle at the end of the window so De Bruyne wasn't happy with the role Mourinho wanted him to play.

He's a proper engine, he'll run back and help out with defence all game. More than Silva or Nasri for sure.

He already plays a defensive role, and it's a big problem because he can't tackle and isn't mobile enough over short spaces.

If we get De Bruyne then Sterling, Aguero, KDB with Silva in behind is going to need a fully mobile midfield.

Pressure is on Toure. I have always thought that Fernando and Fernandinho were capable of forming the defensive basis of a 3 man midfield, but I'll be in a tiny minority on that. I think we may find out next season because Toure is really going to have to work hard in pre-season and get his fitness back to where it was 18 months ago.

I think Toure will find himself playing less games and he'll be a sub, but it's up to him.

I'm part of your minority. Those two can do that role. I said it yesterday, Ya Ya is going to find it had to play regulalrly if we land all our targets.

He wasn't sold because he didn't work hard enough!

Not sure why everyone thinks that, I think it's because that was his reasoning for Mata going, and KDB left at the same time so its just been assumed as fact. De Bruyne wanted a bigger role, and Mourinho bought Willian + Schurrle at the end of the window so De Bruyne wasn't happy with the role Mourinho wanted him to play.

He's a proper engine, he'll run back and help out with defence all game. More than Silva or Nasri for sure.

When it became known that KDB was one of our targets we began to hear noises in the press that the reason Chelsea let him go was because he didn't work hard enough.

Funnily enough at the time he left them we heard no such thing.

I haven't seen to much of De Bruyne but I'm excited by the prospect of buying him - I think he would be a good addition to our team considering the other Belgian lads we have and he seems to be quite versatile (Plays in the middle or on the wing).

I might be way of here, but is he the type of player that could eventually play a Gerard role? They both seems to play in a similar way, very technically gifted, but also strong and mobile, I think we could sign him and play him in defensive midfield, let him get the ball off the back four and build an attack from there.

Completely agree. We need a mobile DM nearly as badly as we need Pogba. Last season our midfield in some games was completely over ran and a midfield two of yaya and pogba whilst on paper is exciting people need to remember this is not fifa and in reality there is no defensive protection at all. I hope Pellers plays the 4-2-3-1 formation next year with Silva in behind Aguero and KDB and Sterling out wide. Yaya and Pogba can then rotate alongside either the ferns or the other quality DM. This also allows us in the big games i.e Barca to move Silva out to the wing and play a 4-5-1/4-3-3 and have two mobile DM's behind either Pogba or Yaya. This will give us more possession and will allow us to press as a team rather then just the odd player pressing.
You want to rotate a £70 million player. Wonder what he would think of that.

I'm part of your minority. Those two can do that role. I said it yesterday, Ya Ya is going to find it had to play regulalrly if we land all our targets.
Perhaps Yaya already knows that and is happy (perhaps even part of the reason he's still here?) after all he's 32 now and a really big guy. We all slow down over time and an easier schedule for him may just work for the best for everybody. He's never looked like a player that needs games to keep his quality up.

Perhaps Yaya already knows that and is happy (perhaps even part of the reason he's still here?) after all he's 32 now and a really big guy. We all slow down over time and an easier schedule for him may just work for the best for everybody. He's never looked like a player that needs games to keep his quality up.
I have a sneaky feeling Yaya is going to surprise a few this season. He's far from a spent force.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.