De Bruyne?

I would't have us down as one of the favourites but I do think once your in the semi finals it's a lottery if you ask me.

Our squad with the addition of KDB and Pogba will definitely compete better against Barca and Bayern etc..

Competent agree, but also having the depth alone is better. Our squad would be the best it's ever been if we landed our top target

I've never been fully up to date on the HG rules but by my reckoning in the homegrown options thread we didn't need Sterling or Delph to fill any quota.

In fact, Sterling isn't classed as homegrown yet. He'll just be one of the unlimited U21 players we can name.

This is true for the premier league but not the champions league, where u21 players only count if they've been a the club for 2 years.

This also means Iheanacho and Unäl can't play in the Chanpions league this season.

We also can't sign anymore HG players or they won't be able to play CL anyway - the HG 8 is split into 4 association trained players and 4 club trained players. None of our 4 players are club trained so we can only have 4 anyway (Delph, sterling, clichy, hart)

So we will have a 21 man CL squad with Lopes, Denayer, Pozo making up the u21 players.

This is true for the premier league but not the champions league, where u21 players only count if they've been a the club for 2 years.

This also means Iheanacho and Unäl can't play in the Chanpions league this season.

We also can't sign anymore HG players or they won't be able to play CL anyway - the HG 8 is split into 4 association trained players and 4 club trained players. None of our 4 players are club trained so we can only have 4 anyway (Delph, sterling, clichy, hart)

So we will have a 21 man CL squad with Lopes, Denayer, Pozo making up the u21 players.

Iheanacho and Unäl could play in the Champions League if we put them on the main roster, List A. They just can't be on the List B youth players (stupid rule they changed).

Iheanacho and Unäl could play in the Champions League if we put them on the main roster, List A. They just can't be on the List B youth players (stupid rule they changed).

Yeah that's the entire point of my post - they aren't part of the "unlimited u21s". There's is absolutely no chance they are going to be on the A list. They aren't playing in the CL.

Can we not sign as many homegrown players as we want if we can fit them into the squad places. Surely the HG8 is the bare minimum we have to field to satisfy the regulations.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.