De Bruyne?

I'd put that performance more down to poor management tactics for the game, as the whole team underperformed in that game, you can't expect 1 player to drag the whole team to a win ( unless it's Tevez) remember City v Wigan in the final? ( I know most of us try not to, but...!) could've been an off day.

DeBruyne was no way less effective than Hazard. Other way around imo.

Hmm - i think we should reconsider the necessity of this signing given the proposed transfer fee. A good player yes but in my opinion an alternative to Pogba is more important which require a big fee

Hmm - i think we should reconsider the necessity of this signing given the proposed transfer fee. A good player yes but in my opinion an alternative to Pogba is more important which require a big fee
Hmmm I think I may put more faith in Txiki than you.

This Thread started 449 pages ago in Decemeber 2014 when we were lining up a £20 million move ..So what now makes him a £40 million player.?
The press just pull numbers out of thin air and run with them -- he was never going to be a £20m player. He was Belgium's best player at the World Cup last summer and by the time that story had been posted, he already had 10 assists in the BuLi season alongside 3 goals. On top of that, he had 3 goals and 2 assists in the Europa League.

A month later, he absolutely ripped Bayern Munich to shreds and scored 2 goals and an assist. Later in the year he lead Wolfsburg to the DFB Pokal (their FA Cup) over Dortmund. Finished with 16 goals and 27 assists on the season. I'd say his baseline value is in that £40m range and then you tack on the fact that Wolfsburg are very wealthy and don't want to sell him and you get £50-60m.

I'm guessing that Delph is our alternative to Pogba (even if that wasn't the Plan A). We have pace an energy up front and on the wings. Just need a lunatic in the middle to try to regain the ball.

Didn't they pay around £18m for him?
So a player is bought for 18 mil by a club who doesn't need to sell. Said player goes on to dominate the league and lead Europe in assists. In what works does said player only appreciate, by 2 million pounds. I have seen players warm the bench for a year and then go for more (Mata).

20 was always wishful thinking. 35 was generally my thought on it. 42 seems slightly high, but we just paid 49 for Sterling who had a down season.

Hmmm I think I may put more faith in Txiki than you.

That's fine - I'm not claiming to be a director of football but this is a forum you know - where you state your opinions.

I'm happy to be proved wrong but I honestly don't see any improvement in our midfield

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.