De Bruyne?

That's fine - I'm not claiming to be a director of football but this is a forum you know - where you state your opinions.

I'm happy to be proved wrong but I honestly don't see any improvement in our midfield
You don't see how someone who led Europe in assists improves our midfield? Following a season where our goals were down and our crossing was poor from... Our midfield?

Hmm - i think we should reconsider the necessity of this signing given the proposed transfer fee. A good player yes but in my opinion an alternative to Pogba is more important which require a big fee

We have the money for Pogba and De Bruyne so if we miss out on Pogba there's even more for any other potential player. In terms of CM options Pogba is probably the most expensive out there.

I also would like to say that it is clear with our signings that we are looking to relieve the pressure of 2 very key players in Silva and Yaya. Teams used to be able to focus on Silva, now have to worry about Sterling's pace and KDB being a more diverse crosser than Navas. Delph brining his energy will mean Yaya doesn't have to do a lot of heavy running on both sides of the pitch. But KDB will be a tremendous signing playing with Sterling Silva and Kun.

And if you look at the caliber of teams inquiring about KDB: Us, Juve, Bayern, PSG, vs the teams after the players he helped make look better like Dost and Newcastle and Perisic/Inter, you can see why a lot of people rate him highly.

Not convinced about de Bruyne when we have Bony and Navas. Is he that much better than those two?

We have the money for Pogba and De Bruyne so if we miss out on Pogba there's even more for any other potential player. In terms of CM options Pogba is probably the most expensive out there.

In fact, if we managed £30m for the Balkan pair, be it up front or in loan obligations (the precedent is Negredo, we were allowed to use the guaranteed money early), our net spend would be quite negligible.

Sales/sell-ons (Nastasic, Rekik, Boyata, Sinclair, Trippier, Hiwula): ca. £17m
Balkan pair: ca. £30m (ideally)
= £47m

Spent: £44m + £2m + £4m + £8m = £58m (Sterling and Roberts add-ons have not been triggered)

I created this table to have the whole picture.

1 Hart Caballero Wright
1 Zaba Sagna
1 Kompa Denay?
1 Demi Mangala
1 Kolarov Clichy
2 Fernando Dinho Delph Zucu?
1 Toure Pogba
1 Nasri De Bruyne Navas
1 Silva Sterling
1 Aguero Bony Nacho?

With these players we can play any 'telephone number' systems, 4-4-2; 4-2-2-2; 4-3-3; 4-2-3-1.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.