De Bruyne?

Boo_This_Man.gif
And stone him with stones!

We need De Bruyne. It's pretty simple, really.

The question now is, as far as central midfield goes, we are looking at Delph, Yaya and the 2 Brazilians?

I wanted Pogba as much as anybody, but it's not the worst midfield. With the people around it, Silva/Sterling/De Bruyne/Nasri, I'm not overly concerned.

There will be a place open for one more CM if Kevin is the last one.

Garcia
Lopes
Zuccilini
Pozo

Who do we give it too?

I'd reckon with the type of player that will be needed then it I'd say Zuccilini.

Only adding Delph to what was our weakest link - esp against elite sides in the CL - would be close to criminal.

We need De Bruyne. It's pretty simple, really.

The question now is, as far as central midfield goes, we are looking at Delph, Yaya and the 2 Brazilians?

I wanted Pogba as much as anybody, but it's not the worst midfield. With the people around it, Silva/Sterling/De Bruyne/Nasri, I'm not overly concerned.

There will be a place open for one more CM if Kevin is the last one.

Garcia
Lopes
Zuccilini
Pozo

Who do we give it too?

I'd reckon with the type of player that will be needed then it I'd say Zuccilini.

We have fernando fernandinho and delph, personally I think our addition needs to be more than just energy or defense, someone who can do yaya's role if and when he needs a rest. Gundo Wilsh Pogba

We have fernando fernandinho and delph, personally I think our addition needs to be more than just energy or defense, someone who can do yaya's role if and when he needs a rest. Gundo Wilsh Pogba

Playing in a 4-3-3/4-5-1 is going to help Fernando.

I may be fucking stupid, at the end of the day, but I thought for 20 minutes against Madrid we looked solid enough with a 3 central midfield. In fact, fuck me sideways, we fell apart when Delph went off.

Is that a fair shout? I'm not seeing things am I?

Sterling and De Bruyne are going to have to be very disciplined if we start as follows:

De Bruyne
Spanish Dave
Sterling
Yaya
Fernando
Aguero

And I think they will be. Not having Dzeko wandering around like a slapped arse will be a monkey off ones back. Of that I'm certain

Only adding Delph to what was our weakest link - esp against elite sides in the CL - would be close to criminal.

It's not like we lacked the quality in midfield tbf, imo it was all down to the formation. We were out-ran and out-manned in the middle, not out-classed. Yaya and Fernandinho, for me, are up there with the best of them. Add one more in the middle and we're fine, though I'm not sure Fernando or Delph is the answer. Fingers crossed we snag someone big before the window shuts, hopefully Pogba.

The whole midfield issue hangs a lot on Yaya, it seems to me that the club is putting a lot of faith in him having a better season than the last and be our key man there. Only time will tell if he's up to the task with no international games messing up his schedule.

It's not like we lacked the quality in midfield tbf, imo it was all down to the formation. We were out-ran and out-manned in the middle, not out-classed. Yaya and Fernandinho, for me, are up there with the best of them. Add one more in the middle and we're fine, though I'm not sure Fernando or Delph is the answer. Fingers crossed we snag someone big before the window shuts, hopefully Pogba.

Fernandinho and Yaya was the best we could ask for if playing a 2. Pair Fernando with one of those and it became an issue.

However, play all 3, with a front 3 false 9 with 2 as wingers, and I think you see a much better Fernando. Only because, he can then do his job and not that of somebody else on top.

Fernandinho made it work with Yaya, and that's because he's a fucking quality footballer.

Fernando needs another body and the change in formation is going to help him.

I'm not saying I rate him all that highly, but we need to find a way to get the best out of him if we are leaving Pogba alone. Playing in a 3 is the answer, but then you have to drop an attacker. One of Sterling/De Bruyne and I'm not overly keen on that idea.

The whole midfield issue hangs a lot on Yaya, it seems to me that the club is putting a lot of faith in him having a better season than the last and be our key man there. Only time will tell if he's up to the task with no international games messing up his schedule.

If Yaya was willing to play as an out and out holding midfielder alongside whoever else in a 2, and let the front 4 attack without him, I don't think they would have to put so much reliance on him and a lot of the arguments we are seeing around our CM area wouldn't be happening.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.