De Bruyne?

If his representative are listening to other offers after being locked in negotiations with us for two months, and as his agent has clarified that we won't "go on war" with Wolfsburg, clearly suggests he is not that much intereseted in joining us. He is settled at Wolfsburg and will join Bayern next season.

So we don't put in a bid which they find acceptable, he kicks off, refuses to train/play, publicly states that he hates the place and wants to leave. We still don't make an acceptable bid. What does he do on September 2nd?

Not a stellar one ? Bundesliga player of the year with a record 26 assists and 18 goals from midfield ?

Stats don't tell you everything and if you watched any of Wolfsburg last season you might have more of an incline to that he is isn't a wow player and would have everything to prove here after being labeled a Chelsea flop etc.
He may come here and be amazing or he may be average, my view is he is a £30 mill player no more and the fact that we look like paying double that doesn't bother me too much if we get him but I'm just bored of this whole saga now and until Monday I was confident but now he is with Pogba in the list of nearly signings just below Kaka.

According to Radio Television Belge Francophone , De Bruyne and he has settled personal terms with City. Missing only arrangement between clubs
Also, according RTBF De Bruyne and his agent are " ready to go at any time " , but do not want conflict with Wolfsburg

Sorry if this information has already said

True that mate but I've never know a club to deny receiving an offer so consistently - have you?

Yes loads of them. Happens all the time because technically we don't have to bid. If Txiki calls Allofs and says "what about 35 million" and he says "no chance" then it's not a bid and both sides have plausible deniability.

You also have to remember that often times the deals are done via agents. So we give KDB's agent an offer to take to Wolfsburg. Again it's not an official offer in the purest sense because it's not come directly from City.

We have to be patient this week and trust Txiki and the rest of the board. They're no mugs.

Oh so you've spoken to him then? What's he like in person? I'm tempted to just repeat what I wrote at first but... meh.

No I haven't but as the late Neville Neville said: Wolfsburg rebuilt him and he is a hero there. He has no reasons to force through the move.

If this deal falls through, do we need an alternative? Or do we stick with what we have and integrate Lopes?

Second option IMO and go for someone else next season(early, no fuss, worth the asking price), unless lopes excels then we wont even need to strengthen that position... nothing against him if he doesn't want to come to City or return to the Prem League then fair enough.

Yes loads of them. Happens all the time because technically we don't have to bid. If Txiki calls Allofs and says "what about 35 million" and he says "no chance" then it's not a bid and both sides have plausible deniability.

You also have to remember that often times the deals are done via agents. So we give KDB's agent an offer to take to Wolfsburg. Again it's not an official offer in the purest sense because it's not come directly from City.

We have to be patient this week and trust Txiki and the rest of the board. They're no mugs.

Good post - brought my disillusionment under control! :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.