De Jong Is Going To Be Trouble

Awesome yesterday, which is what he needs to do to stay in the team now hes got his wish.

Now im gonna get my tin hat on but Ireland hasnt impressed just yet this season and I hope he can sort it out next week

ell said:
Awesome yesterday, which is what he needs to do to stay in the team now hes got his wish.

Now im gonna get my tin hat on but Ireland hasnt impressed just yet this season and I hope he can sort it out next week

The News of th World does a stat which shows where the average position of players for the 90 minutes. Everything was pretty much as expected except Irelands average position was deeper than De Jongs

I like Nige, I think he's quality and we've nowhere near seen the best of him yet as I still think his passing game hasn't adapted to the speed of the movement in the prem just yet. Not great him making comments like this, but world cups only come round once evry four yaars and it's what being a footballer is all about, you can understand his concerns. I thought he should have had a run out in the Carling cup (as well as one or two others) but Hughes wanted to send out a statement I think and take no chances by mixing the team up.

Dunno how it will work out in the long term but Nige is a banker to start on Saturday and I s'pose you've just got to take each game as it comes.

Also, I know he made those comments about us being a stepping stone, but he seems to me to be a decent enough guy that you can definitely rely on while on the pitch. My mum and dad went to a supporters meeting a bit back (can't remember which on it was, maybe someone can tell us) and they say he came across very, very well and seemed a top man

I think it'll be a problem when Kompany is fit as he is a better player in that position (IMHO) which is why I'm still slightly puzzled as to why we bought him, great player but given the current squad he's actually a squad player

Can't believe people would contemplate dropping SWP! What is it this season? 2 goals and 3 assists in 5 games?!

Nice little mention for Nige from MH on the OS, might placate him a little if in fact he made those comments (it is the Mirror after all...)

Saturday's win also saw the first appearance of the season for Nigel de Jong, and Hughes was pleased with the way that those on the fringes so far have contributed when called upon.

He added, "It's important that they understand that they are a big part of what we are trying to do, and they do understand that. Everybody has to be ready, everybody has to be mentally and physically at the peak of their powers to be come in as & when they are needed.

"Nigel and Martin both did that against Arsenal. Nigel put in a huge amount of work, and that's on the back of 90 minutes for Holland in midweek. That has to be factored in, a lot of guys out there were out on their feet, and for example Gareth Barry has had a lot of football in a short space of time. But, they were not be denied and credit to them."

No-one is an automatic starter anymore.
Nige needs to get used to that fact.

I think De Jong will get enough games. He'll probably start most if not all away games and most games in home against top6~. He's an excellent player and his comments were expected. If Hughes drops him, I wouldnt be mad if he decided to go. You just don't buy world class players and expect them to "fight for their place" and sit on the bench. If and when we get european games next season it's easier to rotate players too. Kompany will play in defense for certain as Hughes wouldnt risk playing him ahead of De Jong. I don't think Lescott or Toure mind sitting a game here and there. Nedum will be a problem but hopefully he'll be happy to start most carling cup and league cup games etc. When he matures im sure he'll get a bigger role if he has the ability. Well, went a bit off tangent there but losing De Jong would be a massive loss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.