De Rossi (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pigeonho said:
Would City's hierarchy allow De Rossi to do such a press conference unless it was one of his demands he says goodbye to the Roma fans in such a way? Surely City would know by now what De Rossi's intentions are. If he has said no to us, wouldn't we by now have withdrawn our interest publically if we knew he is about to publically shun a move to us?

To be fair we have never declared our interest publically so we have nothing to withdraw

Forzacitizens said:
johnny crossan said:
Forzacitizens said:
To be honest I must say that if we fail on De Rossi which it looks likely it's been a very disappointing window and questions must be asked.
which questions?

How as champions we have not improved our squad on last season?

Has the transfer window closed already?

Stop flapping.

Mancio said:
Pigeonho said:
Blue Haze said:
Rodwell as a replacement for De Jong arguably worsens the squad.

Imagine if someone told you in June that after the first 50 days of the transfer window, we bought Rodwell and no one else. And our only two remaining targets are a Liverpool defender who recently tattooed YNWA on his fingers and a Romanista ultra playing for Roma. Well played whoever was behind this strategy.
Not one of these things matters one tiny bit. Do you think the players who play for us support us? No, they don't. They play for us because they are employed to do so. For all you know Silva could be a die-hard United fan, which again wouldn't matter as he's professional enough to do what he is paid to do.

a bit like you then...
Well done, that was good for you that

He's going to announce that he's staying. If Zeman's statement is correct that Mancini hasn't contacted him since last three weeks then I would say that City have not even placed a bid in.

I asked several Italian Roma fans and they said they reckon DDR will announce that he's going to stay. They said that in order to clear the false news, the player will personally put an end to it.

Pigeonho said:
Blue Haze said:
Forzacitizens said:
How as champions we have not improved our squad on last season?

Rodwell as a replacement for De Jong arguably worsens the squad.

Imagine if someone told you in June that after the first 50 days of the transfer window, we bought Rodwell and no one else. And our only two remaining targets are a Liverpool defender who recently tattooed YNWA on his fingers and a Romanista ultra playing for Roma. Well played whoever was behind this strategy.
Not one of these things matters one tiny bit. Do you think the players who play for us support us? No, they don't. They play for us because they are employed to do so. For all you know Silva could be a die-hard United fan, which again wouldn't matter as he's professional enough to do what he is paid to do.

Just pointing out that it's a lot different trying to pull players from clubs they wish to remain at. We pulled off Aguero and Nasri, but both made it clear they wanted to leave. De Rossi being a fan and loving Roma definitely complicates this transfer.

Crescent said:
He's going to announce that he's staying. If Zeman's statement is correct that Mancini hasn't contacted him since last three weeks then I would say that City have not even placed a bid in.

I asked several Italian Roma fans and they said they reckon DDR will announce that he's going to stay. They said that in order to clear the false news, the player will personally put an end to it.

could be but why doesn't he just do it now?

Forzacitizens said:
Crescent said:

could be but why doesn't he just do it now?

Well the club did announce that De Rossi will do a press conference on Tuesday, he's not going to go to a journalist right after his recent match and announce that he's going to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.