Referees/Officials

Up to the time of the board going up there had been 2 goals scored and 4 substitutions, that alone is worth 3 minutes added on, once you factor in Barton and the fracas that followed 5 minutes was the least it should have been.
Put it this way, if it had been at the rags they'd have put up 10 minutes!!

And he actually ended the game early anyway. A minimum of 5 minutes was put up. 2 goals were scored in that time so it should have been at least another minute on top of that but he blew up at about 94 and a half minutes. I think as soon as QPR booted the ball out for a throw in from the kick off he wisely thought stuff this I'm edging my way across to the tunnel and calling it a day!

The point I keep making is when does a bit of incompetence become a pattern? When it's happening every week it's a pattern. When we're getting the shitty end of the stick game after game yet the rags are getting away with murder, does that not suggest it's more than a few isolated bizarre decisions?
It does yes, i agree we get more than our share of bad decisions, but speak to a liverpool fan and they think exactly the same as us, probably most teams do. Its united that seem to get it toally the other way, week in week out they get the right decisions that not only is a good decision for them, they are game changing decisions as well. Is it a deliberate action by the FA or refs association? I don't know, but there is 100% a problem with the overall standard of refereeing.

The same ref that booked Aguero for diving against Southampton when it was a clear foul against him. Incompetent or bent?
He's either on the take for every match he officiates, or he is just down right incompetent. I would probably lean towards the latter. He screws up huge decisions in every game he referees just about, not just when he refs city.

Is it such a hard thing to ask that the refs are consistent from 1 game to the next. Surely that is not that hard to do. after all they are supposed to be professional and know the laws inside out.

And he actually ended the game early anyway. A minimum of 5 minutes was put up. 2 goals were scored in that time so it should have been at least another minute on top of that but he blew up at about 94 and a half minutes. I think as soon as QPR booted the ball out for a throw in from the kick off he wisely thought stuff this I'm edging my way across to the tunnel and calling it a day!

He ended it because QPR manifestly were not going to bother. From the kickoff, I seem to recall the ball was smacked long into the corner, and almost nobody moved, and just waited for the ref to blow.

I do agree that we get more than our fair share of shocking decisions, but I do think there is a wider problem with refereeing standards. Every game I watch there are some bizarre and shocking decisions. Last night in the derby Leicester game. Player clean through, keeper rushes out of his area and the forward knocks it past him. Keeper blatantly sticks his arm out to stop the ball abs a clear goal scoring chance. Ref just waved play on and books the Leicester player for protesting. They are so incompetent it's rediculous.

This kind of stuff is the most infuriating aspect of refereeing at the moment. The ref clearly makes a mistake - the world and his mrs, and the pet dog see the obvious error but draw it to the attention of said blunderer and there is a yellow card for your pains. The innocuous is sanctioned - see the yellow Gabriel J got for wafting an imaginary card at the ref - and the blatant is condoned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.