Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have Rodri and Philips, so there's no justifying the price it would take to add him to our squad. However, I'm with Aguero in the opinion(not all of it just this bit) that he needs to be playing at a higher level now, with better players, to take his game to the next level. I suppose he's not got an exciting name or hails from an exotic/latin country and I wasn't sold on him when I first started paying attention to him myself. But I think these past two seasons in the PL, he's proved a lot of his naysayers wrong week in week out and earned himself a big move. Everyone can look bad in this England squad from time to time. When it comes to positional deficiencies, that's probably down to the coaches he's worked with so far.

He seems to really like City and has a lot of respect for the way we play football. I think Arsenal would be next logical choice if he had his sights set on a City move before we signed Phillips. Though Arteta would have to do some convincing to those above him, that he can work his magic with him(I think he could).

Last edited:
I hope nobody on here is suggesting we buy him, he's at a club that is his level, sorry irons no disrepect ment just how I see Rice.
I don't think we need him but I think he is definitely a champions league level player. He is West Hams star player still young and a nailed on starting International. I don't particularly want him but he could definitely fit in at a level above West Hams.

Totally agree, you could see the frustration with Stones especially when he had the ball and was looking for the obvious out ball pass into the midfield that Rice just simply doesn't see or even wants, England's attacks never come from central positions, far too much reliability on the fullbacks to get attacking moves going, Rice is a poor mans Steve McMahon, extremely average player imo who's only effectiveness is ball rotation when he receives it from the fullbacks after yet another brick wall is met by Shaw and more recently in an England shirt Trippier. To be frank, Citys players are wasted under this buffoon of a manager.
Perfectly stated!! This England team, as good as it is, will never win anything under this totally inept buffoon of a coach. With the current squad, we will never have a better chance of winning the WC and we wont, simply because of this FA Yes man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.