Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see City going for this. Rice isn't good enough on the ball to be a Pep type of player.

My guess however is that he would probably not want a squad role with his next move, and could prefer a move to a club who has a place for him in their starting XI.
You’d be surprised by how players would want to join us regardless of guarantees

He's got the rag attitude of thinking he's made it already.

He's going there to be average on a big pay packet.

Last edited by a moderator:
You’d be surprised by how players would want to join us regardless of guarantees
Doubt I would be surprised since I assume most would. Not everyone though, especially not when they are a boyhood fan of the current European champions and they can probably offer considerably more minutes than us. Not saying it cant happen, but with Rice in particular I feel its unlikely because of the several reasons I mentioned. Would happily be wrong and see him come here!

He really is a belting player and with the right coaching could become sensational. Likewise with the wrong move he could stagnate and not reach his potential. He has all the attributes but they need to be honed and you could have a real gem. He's calm and strong, he can run with the ball but also get back to provide defensive cover. His passing is good but could improve and that is hindered by his less capable team mates not offering suitable options. His finishing does need improving, both his head and feet. In short I think if he goes anywhere else than City then we will see him stagnate and we'll all be saying that was a bullet dodge when in fact if we buy him we'll be looking at a great in the making and be thinking he was a bargain.

Only see Rice coming in if Gundo moves tbh (I suspect two of the four coming up for contract renewal will go - Jesus is prob nailed on, then its Raz/Gundo/Mahrez).

Grealish/Silva/KDB/Rice
Rodri/Rice

as the mid 3 has some nice balance, bot sure i see them spending what it would take to get Rice here.

He would be the perfect replacement for Fernandinho, but City won't pay over £100m again surely?

They will likely look round for a player half the price, but just as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.