Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we were to spend 100 million on Rice, let's rather pay for Barella, who I think is better and can surely be acquired for around 100 million.

I can totally believe that our interest has been overblown by West Ham to pressure Arsenal into paying up. Tolmie even said, his info came from their end. What I don't understand is why the club would have gone along with it if there was no truth in it whatsoever.

A bit different with Bellingham - there's no shame in losing out to Real Madrid. But if it's true that Rice has had his heart set on Arsenal all along, why let everyone believe we're in for him only to inevitably be 'snubbed'?

Something doesn't add up.

A bit of gossip is always good, but there is nothing like the start of the season. When that time comes, we will have a squad bristling with quality and the best manager in the game. Whether we can raise ourselves once again is a tough call, but the joy of seeing Rodri and Dias and Phil and Grealish and Erling and Johnny Stones, once more, now THAT is the stuff!

Arsenal are building a much younger dynamic team, rice will only add to it, pep maybe the best coach in the world, but a lot of players have turned him down in the past. 'Arsenal are no where near city's level', they soon will be if rice joins
No, they won’t. They had nothing else to concentrate on last season and still fell way short. Arsenal are a mile away from City, and Rice will simply not bridge that gap. Baffles me how supporters can over egg their chances based on no more than pipe dreams. Spurs fans do exactly the same. Learn humility and mange expectations………

True of sorts. You should have won the prem but the squeaky bum pressure got to you. You've got to conquer that fear of being caught.

I work with 2 arsenal fans, they are decent guys and I speak with a few that are clients. They all grew in confidence early on and thanked us for sending you Gabby and Zin. We had made a mistake letting them go.

Watch a couple of your games towards the end of the season, when you were behind against southampton I think. Zin was the man trying to gee up the players. He was never that guy at City.

If you get Rice you'll improve, havertz ? maybe he'll help too but first and foremost seek players to form a mentally strong collective who have an absolute steely desire to stand up and be counted when the going gets tough. You're slick and easy on the eye but lack a bit of that courage to take the next step at this stage of your development.

I totally get that and agree with you. We still have a bit of catching up and improvement in general, but that will only come with improvement using the market and more experience together as a team.

Last season we were a bit ahead of schedule, no one expected a title challenge, top 4 was the main aim. We didn't quite have the squad when we lost players out the first XI, and yeah our arse collapsed a bit as well.

We are making steps to rectify the first 1. By all accounts it seems like we are looking to add Timber, Rice, Lavia and Havertz. I have my doubts how much of an improvement that will make to the ceiling of the team, but should raise the floor a bit from the likes of Holding and Vieira.

if true that is pathetic mentality of the highest order from rice and we should immediately end negotiations. If given the choice between city and arsenal you choose arsenal, you are not an ambitious footballer and have no business being linked with city. Move to the next target ASAP

Yeah can’t imagine that Pep has talk to Rice and says he wants him and Rice says Nahh you ok I rather stay in london and win the lot with Arsenal!

Talkshite haven't got a clue in all honesty.

As much in the loop as our very own MEN.
They embarrassed themselves a couple of weeks ago, claiming Palhinha at Fulham could be Rice's replacement as he had a release clause. Only for Fulham's owner to publically call them out for talking bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.