Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

Why's no one talking about Napoli's Jorginho. All factors considered, I'd rather have him than the other options mentioned on this thread like Diawara, Goretzka, SMS, Fabinho, Weigl, Fred, etc.
He's basically less physical (and IMO less talented) version of Weigl, City can do better. Napoli's players' performances are deceiving as they hugely benefit from Sarri's system covering their flaws. Just like City players do from Pep's system.

Why's no one talking about Napoli's Jorginho. All factors considered, I'd rather have him than the other options mentioned on this thread like Diawara, Goretzka, SMS, Fabinho, Weigl, Fred, etc.
Agree, he would be the one who can slot in straightaway given his education under Sarri.
So would Koulibali or Ghoulam.

But tbh he has been mentioned many times, even in the 4/5 posts above yours.

Only downside would be having to deal with Napoli's owner.

Jorginho would be a great option. He would slot right in. Knows the system and is a decent age as well.

He's basically less physical (and IMO less talented) version of Weigl, City can do better. Napoli's players' performances are deceiving as they hugely benefit from Sarri's system covering their flaws. Just like City players do from Pep's system.
Have his recent performances been close to his pre-injury form though?

Weigl would be nice.

Also there's that German lad from Dortmund called Julian something who we should buy.

Alternatively, I saw this boy at 1860 a few years back who looked the part. We could get him instead.

Have his recent performances been close to his pre-injury form though?
He struggled primarily because of Bosz' tactics, who wanted to use Weigl higher up the pitch, almost as 8. This way JW couldn't participate in ball circulation as much as he needs to be effective. It was evident from pass maps.

Weigl would be nice.

Also there's that German lad from Dortmund called Julian something who we should buy.

Alternatively, I saw this boy at 1860 a few years back who looked the part. We could get him instead.
As Moaninho said, money is no object for us, we should just buy all three!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.